Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PITMASTERS=PITIFUL!

Options
2»

Comments

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    It's an hour of your life you'll never get back.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Yea, a FULL hour too, because we watched live instead of taping. Too much advertisement. Too much drama. Too much poor producing and directing. Assuming two million people watched it, two million hours wasted.

All of the contestants were good Q'ers but they got very little credit. And the 'curves' thrown in to 'make it interesting' was totally uncalled for.

Spring "One Of Two Million Disappointed Fans" Chicken
  • NotabuttDave
    Options
    What a mess! They tried to follow American Idle (another waste of time) format for the judges. The nice guy, the mean guy and someone who knows the business.

They should have had 3 bubba who know their Q.

I don't care about grilling gators, snakes or making cole slaw.

On the positive side I'd liike to know more aobut the money muscle.

If I miss next week, no biggie (there is nothing on TV worth taping).
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i usually like bad tv :laugh: but i dont even desrire to turn that show on to see how bad it is now. got the box recording late night red green shows, really happy to get that again :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Exactly what did we learn on that show last night, T"L"C?

Whatever it was, it had nothing to do with BBQ.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Up until the final judging when Myron said that on the pork the two final competitors were dead even and the cole slaw decided the winner. That was a kick to the jewels for the guys from Omaha.

Kinda like being at a KCBS comp and turning in some awesome ribs but losing because your garnish wasn't a vibrantly green as the competitors.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    It was a waste of time and I will not watch it again....you lose a BBQ comp on your coleslaw...just think how PO'd Myron would be if someone told him that... :blink: :pinch: :S
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    No no, the sky is cloudy, not bright blue and shining. Shame on you for stepping out on your own to disagree. You know if most believe it, it has to be truth
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    I didn't watch it, I thought it was awful last year.
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    They got awful some stilts, a megaphone and a clown named Kevin to flack for it. Then they turned it into "Catfish Fry and Coleslaw Masters" as a joke on everyone who was stupid enough to tune in.
  • Brokersmoker
    Options
    Not worth a burnt drip pan. I will watch 1 more episode (or at least the beginning) if in same format, I;m done watching for the season, maybe they will get the hint and return to original format.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options