Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Debuted new mesh skillet from Williams Sonoma

Options
Judy Mayberry
Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been away from the forum for the better part of a year, and now that I'm back I wanted to show how great the vegetables turned out in my new mesh skillet from Williams-Sonoma. On sale for $20.

Chopped up Japanese eggplant, onion, green and red peppers, button mushrooms, and CHOPPED GARLIC (genius!). Tossed in olive oil, fresh thyme, and salt and pepper.
IMG_2161.jpg

Cooked at about 400° with the lid down.
IMG_2163.jpg

While we're waiting, see the refinished nest side-tables. After 10 years they were really UGLY. Helmsman sprayed.
IMG_2164.jpg

They're done, about 15-20 minutes. I opened the lid a crack and tossed them with tongs several times.
IMG_2165.jpg

The spaghetti was tossed with oil and a great red wine vinegar, feta, and the vegetables. It was light and good. Made up for all the ribeye I had the night before.
IMG_2168.jpg

Good to be back!

Judy in San Diego, coolest summer since WWII
Judy in San Diego

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Hi, Judy!! Welcome back - good to see you posting again! Good lookin' meal there. :) I still haven't made it to W-S, but I gotta get me one of those!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• KB
    KB Posts: 144
    Options
    Did you replace the wood on your tables or did you refinish them? Mine aren't even one summer old and they are beginning to look ratty.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Very nice Judy!!
    Glad to see you back!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Judy, Great cook for Cindy but but the Doc's said I have to eat meat. :woohoo: Just kidding. Glad to see you posting again. Nice side tables I wish I had a set for my egg. Tim :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Welcome back Judy. THe cooks looks real good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Judy Mayberry
    Options
    KB:

Refinished them. First used really coarse sandpaper, then #2 sandpaper, wiped them with a damp cloth. I used Miniwax Helmsman Spar Urethane. Sanded with #2 between coats--many coats.

Today I unscrewed the handles (Large and Small) and I'm doing them. They were so black I didn't even notice them the first time around!
    Judy in San Diego
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Yum.
    Welcome back.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Welcome back. Great post. Enjoyed the pictures and demo of the mesh skillet.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • KB
    KB Posts: 144
    Options
    thanks. Sounds like a lot of work, but they look just like new ones.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    IT WAS NO WORK AT ALL! I was expecting a big job, but it only took a few minutes to prepare the wood and seconds for each coat of urethane. I beat myself up for putting it off for a year!
    Judy in San Diego
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Options
    Hi Judy! Great to hear from you and the meal looks delicious.

Hope all is well with you. San Diego sounds a bit more fun than Scottsdale right now.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Thanks, Scott. Great to hear from you too. I missed our riffing on "funny" stuff.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Options
    Well at least there is a certain consistency about this place.

It realy was grate to here from you. Hah!
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    And I did NOT remove the slats before sanding. It was easy to sand them in place.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Beautiful cook!!!Welcome HOME! :)