Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gasket Replacement

Options
kemosabe421
kemosabe421 Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am tired of replacing the BGE brand gasket. I saw on Naked Whiz Rutland, Cotronics and Nomex. I am not interested in the safety factor of each. I want to know which one is best and where do you order it.

Thanks,

Kemo

Comments

• If you're tired of it - then don't do it!

The Egg will perform fine.

Michael
  • Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    Options
    I ordered a nomex gasket from the Mothership, and installed it with 3M 77 adhesive. 2 years later it looks like the inside of my egg and is functioning fine. Good luck.
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    You have mail.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I installed a Rutland using Permatex UltraCopper as the adhesive about 6-8 months ago. Love it! Ace Hardware has a kit (including their own brand of adhesive), but I was able to find it at a local hardware store for about 80¢ a foot.

Seen here in May 2010 (with my multi-tasking grid lifter)...

4576460558_2ca20cf960_b.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• chrono
    chrono Posts: 177
    Options
    2X on the Rutland / Permatex combo. I have done high heat pizza's and steaks @650 every week for the last couple months on the new gasket and it seems like this stuff is the real deal.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    A national home improvement big box store, whose name starts with "M", sells the Rutland gasket in a kit with adhesive for about $6. As noted, some like other adhesives better.

I installed a Rutland about 50 cooks ago, following the detailed instructions on The Naked Whiz site. I have not had any issues with it, maybe the best 6 bucks I ever spent.

Kind regards,
    dbCooper
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA