Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

MAN...the things we take for granted

WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
edited 1:34PM in EggHead Forum
"E..lectricity" is your friend...ya dont realize it till ya dont have it..hopin for a good nights crash..be Thankful my friends...and be thankful my enemies....bottom line...just be Thankful, it can all be gone in a blink...
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I take it you are still without, sorry dude. -RP
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Been there,done that!NOT FUN,after the first nite.Good luck,my friend! ;)
    ·
  • Been there a few times after hurricanes - slept on the carport with a little breeze :(

Hope it doesn't last too long

Stay thirsty my friend B)
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,836
    Went 7 days one time in '95 after hurricane Erin. Fortunately had a gas stove and hot water no eggs in those days. No generator either. 3 frigs full of food. The neighbors and I ate well.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    93 Ice Storm.2 weeks.Had a propane floor furnace and a propane water heater.Life was GOOD! ;)
    ·
  • Best of luck Wess. By the way, I more consider us 'Frenimies' - all in good fun.

Look at it as an opportunity for a romantic candle lit dinner by the egg ;)
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Hopew everything is okay and sometimes the little things are all we need.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Funny play on words there Tweev. ;)
    ·
  • And on top of it all I was even being sincere ;)
    ·
  • Minus the poor spelling of a fake word ;) i'm still getting used to the one handed typing. ;)
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I'm kinda in the middle of some stuff right now and don't know eggxactly whats going on but, I do wish you well. I think it was "93" winter ice storm brought me down for over a week. Like Richard I had a freezer packed full of venison so, I was a true carnivore during that time. Wishing you and yours well. Tim
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,689
    Living on the Gulf Coast now for over 30 years, power issues are a way of life. It's going to happen. We can't stop power loss.
    What I don't take for granted are the people who work day and night in all kinds of weather conditions to restore our power. Many times they are volunteers from other states. You have not lived till you fight Gulf Coast mosquitoes (our state bird) and fire ants while connecting high voltage wires in the rain...
    This holds true for all our utilities.
    Good luck getting up and running Wess.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Thanks for all the positive replies....When I made that post last night it was in celebration to power being restored, I have no idea how they got it repaired so fast given the amount of damage we saw....I typed the post and started cleaning up the spaghetti mess of extenion cords running all over the house and yard, by the time I was done with that the AC had caught up..and we crashed..again THANKS...
    ·
  • iabbqguyiabbqguy Posts: 27
    Glad to see your power got hooked back up. We lost power for a couple of days in an ice storm a few years ago. Like you said, ya don't really think about it until it's not there.
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Whoa! These travelers might be from other states, but you can bet your next paycheck they're IBEW and about as likely to "volunteer" as Lindsay Lohan is to come up clean at her next court-ordered visit to the clinic.

That said, good luck, Wess. Remember, a bath tub filled with cool water ain't a bad way to beat the heat...
    ·
  • and with the power it, it's safe to bring the toaster into the tub with you. ;)
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    That's one way to tell if the juice is back on, eh?
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    :lol:
    ·