Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is the last anonymous post you'll ever see

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, that is if you don't want to see them anymore.

WMK quietly dropped this gem on the feedback forum last night, and so far I think only a few of us have stumbled on it. If you are tired of some of the anonymous post foolishness (which I have contributed too, admittedly), here's a little walk-thru by WMK on how to get rid of them....

>>Goodbye Anons>> HERE

...and here's what you are looking for
click.jpg

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
  • Clam
    Clam Posts: 117
    Options
    Terrific! I haven't been visiting as much lately as my enjoyment of the forum has dropped considerably.

I'll try it!

Thank you.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    That would be the next best thing to not allowing vistor posting.
    With this everyone gets what they want.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Unknown
    Options
    Too bad they don't have a filter option for some posters who are regulars who only post food related topics about once a year around the holiday season.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    I didn't see it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Maybe one for "Whiney Little Crybabies"... who dont have either the courage of their convictions, or the integrity to stand behind the words they say!

In the mean time, let's let Mommy have a look at that diaper!!

Ohhhhh...No wonder we're so cranky!!!

:laugh:
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    :woohoo: :woohoo: Cut that out - I'm trying to gert some work done here :lol::lol:
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    :P

Morning to you as well!!

Seriously...you need to give us a heads up and i'll gather up a possee, (we'll hook up a come-a-long to Leroy)...
    and we can catch you sometime you're here for dinner!

Now, quit lookin'n at the "Poopie"...and get something done Frank!!

:lol:
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    I think it should be turned on by DEFAULT for all users. Then let them make the choice later.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ahhh, at long last big brother has stepped in to take care of us & do what we are clearly incapable of doing for ourselves
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    You don't have to check the box. If you have no self control, then check the box.

It's your choice and not big brother's.... who is only giving the option..... I think some would call it free will.

john
  • Unknown
    Options
    "If you have no self control, then check the box". John, my point exactly... Question though on an unrelated but semi-related issue, since you are logged in & replied to a comment the box checked folks didn't see, have you replied to PhilsGrill in their view? If so won't that cause confusion? Marc
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Zip,

with the box checked, you don't see any of the replies to an anon posters post. Except for the short time it is on the very top 'Last Posting'
  • Unknown
    Options
    so everything on the thread below my initial reply is invisible? That's interesting
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

not sure, lets see - oh, I'm not a box checker. Don't need big brother changing my diapers for me, figured how to do it myself. See post 'diapers 101'. Now I am looking forward to the forum rent-a-cops.

GG
  • Unknown
    Options
    :laugh: , seems inevitable however that curiosity will eventually kill every cat
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I checked the box and still see your post.. I guess it doesn't work on original anonymous posts only replies.

Which means I can answer a newbie question, but can't see his/her reply to me.

I unchecked the box..
  • kricks
    kricks Posts: 244
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. although now I confess I feel like a dufus... I didn't even know the feedback forum existed! I guess I was just lazy or let my blinders take over. After looking it over maybe I shouldn't change my handle!
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    When it come to potato chips, I have no self control so when I'm at the grocery store, I never enter the potato chip aisle where Grandma Utz sings her eternal siren song.... no one is blocking me from the aisle but it's a little psych that works.... my choice... and in essence I checked the box.

Not being a computer dude, I have no idea if I replied to PhilsGrill.... I suppose I could check..... and no doubt this will create some confusion and some guest posters will not get all of the answers they would have before folks checked the box but I think it's a good compromise between those who want only registered members to post and those who think it's okay for unregistered guests to post.

For the record, I have agreed with you and always thought everyone should be able to post to this board but lately I've been reconsidering that position... not because of the trolls who have always been around but for those who can't ignore them and try to win the un-winnable impossible troll argument at the expense of the forum.... and call me a hard-ass but there will be no more excuses for those registered members who habitually respond to troll threads that spiral out of control.

Dude, my argument may be flawed in your eyes but I can't help but think this is a positive step forward.

john
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
  • Unknown
    Options
    John, you are certainly right that it is an un-winnable argument, from either side, in reality because it is just two camps with different opinions, this isn’t a scientific argument with an absolute correct answer – so I see no flaw in your argument, merely a different point of view. One thing is for sure, for those who do complain about the anonymous posting, they will no longer have standing to do so with this tool, so in one a sense, I concede a step forward. But because I am annoyingly one of those people who rather enjoys the back & forth, it’s also a step backward (does that put us in the same place), Marc
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    you can still see their replies under "last 25" if you really want to.

bsides, it'll be good to have you out there answering all the newbs anyway
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Which rule is that?? :woohoo: :laugh: :silly:

Exercising my free will is probably the only exercise I get :ohmy:
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    Getting to know you as well as one can through your posts from the past few years, I think you and I are 99.9% of the time in the same place..... which is a pretty good percentage.

And for the time being, I'm not going to check the box, either..... but I will continue to avoid Grandma Utz (gods bless that woman). :~)

john
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    but she's such a nice woman - I sent you an email although I don't hold out hope you got it, I've had trouble with that function here...
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    utz invaded new england a few years ago, so far ive been able to just say no :laugh: fell into the smartfood popcorn trap in college, a roommate worked there and would bring full sized industrial garbage bags full on the weekends. :laugh: we had giant sized buddah bellied squirrels falling off the fence in the back yard :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pretty much:

Stern effect

The contents in Howard Stern's radio talk show were so provocative and offensive that the show lovers and haters can't seem to turn him off but to keep listing to him just to see what he'll say next therefore creating an effect of a hating audience toward a specific entertainer to keep watching or listening to the performance just to see what kind of crap he/she can come up with even though it is not what the audience want.
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    Smartfood cheddar cheese is very addictive stuff.... you think "it's so light" and end up eating the whole bag and are thirsty for two days.

You have to try Grandma Utz. They are they best chip out there. The first time I had them the taste blew every other chip out of the water, turned the bag around to read the ingredients, "Whole fresh potatoes sliced and cooked in lard."... well, that's why they're so good, they're cooked in pig fat!

Make it worth your while and order the 3 lb bulk box. :~)

http://www.utzsnacks.com/store/p-101-bulk-boxes.aspx

john
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Well, it's really only the difference between seeing "Chubby" in bold, green letters and "Chubby" in unbolded, black, letters, no? Call me crazy, but I'm not sure I see a lotta "courage" in that.