Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork tenderloin, corn & asparagus

Options
deepsouth
deepsouth Posts: 1,796
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
nothing fancy, but it was nice getting back to my egg after having to cook on a small electric grill on the condo balcony in pensacola.

942597a4.jpg

2dee1bd5.jpg

0f83fa3a.jpg

1b6efb3a.jpg

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Comfort FOOD!!! B)
  • Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 110
    Options
    Looking good!! How did you do your corn? The last time I did corn, first time on the egg but not a grill, it turned out sticky? It was done and tender, but was sticky I guess, not sure what else one would call it?

Any suggestions for corn on the cob for on the egg?
  • deepsouth
    Options
    Cobra wrote:
    Looking good!! How did you do your corn? The last time I did corn, first time on the egg but not a grill, it turned out sticky? It was done and tender, but was sticky I guess, not sure what else one would call it?

Any suggestions for corn on the cob for on the egg?

a small amount of olive oil, salt & pepper. the grill was about 400 degrees dome. i just put it on and watched it. you can see the one ear that i didn't get flipped in time.

this particular corn i get from a local grocer is from pioneer growers out of florida, coincidentally, a co-op that my uncle actually owns. family aside, it's awesome corn. i recently bought some corn still in the husk from the same store, general produce, not from a particular company that was advertised, and it was like plastic with no taste.
  • deepsouth
    Options
    Hoss wrote:
    Comfort FOOD!!! B)

it's a quick cook as well, which works well with my work schedule and hungry family.
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Looking good, great job. I know you missed your egg it doesnt't seem right to cook on anything else.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Hi D.S.
    Tenderloin looks GREAT as does it all. What temp did you pull the loin? Thanks for posting the pic's
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • deepsouth
    Options
    Grillin & Chillin wrote:
    Hi D.S.
    Tenderloin looks GREAT as does it all. What temp did you pull the loin? Thanks for posting the pic's
    thanks! i pulled it at 159, was shooting for 155.
  • deepsouth
    Options
    pattikake wrote:
    Looking good, great job. I know you missed your egg it doesnt't seem right to cook on anything else.

Patti
    Wichita, KS

i thought the food i pulled of the electric was pretty tasteless and bad, but the missus enjoyed it. honestly, it made me feel like i didn't know how to cook anymore. waaaaaaayyyyy different to say the least.

i now know that i can cook on the sidewalk, so from now on the mini is traveling.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    thats a much lighter color beer than I expected...don't tell me it was a bud...LOL..food looks great..
  • deepsouth
    Options
    WessB wrote:
    thats a much lighter color beer than I expected...don't tell me it was a bud...LOL..food looks great..

hahahaha. american pale wheat ale. 7.5%, about 60 ibu, fermented with white labs american hefeweizen yeast. basically a "true brew" wheat kit with 2 extra lbs of pale malt added and hopped up a bit. it turned out very nice, but hefes are pretty low on my preferred beer list, but i was wanting to brew and ken had this kit that he ended up not using so i bought it from him. i fermented on the low end and was hoping for as little banana and clove esters as possible. it has the banana, but the clove not so much.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice, and welcome back home!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Nice meal. I need to egg a tenderloin. Tim :)
  • EggSimon
    EggSimon Posts: 422
    Options
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Awesome looking pork tenderloin, looks like it was cooked perfect Jason. Good Eats ;)
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options