Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork tenders :)

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Saturday when we were getting ready to serve 58 rug hookers their lunch we realized we had no salad dressing for the tossed salad. not sure how this happened as I had three lists and everything was checked off and all OK so it must have fallen out in the truck. not time to run to the store so I started grabbing stuff. had a bottle with about 1/2 c red wine vin, some EVO and some very good strawberry preserves :) all in a dish and added a little water to lighten it and hit it for a few minutes with the immersion blender. I had scalpt my herb garden for fresh herbs and garnish and my pineapple sage is huge and beautiful. I love the flavor of it and chopped a few leaves up and mixed in it was just what it needed. dumped it in a brown spatter ware bowl and tucked branches of the pineapple sage in the handles and everyone raved about it.
So tonight for dinner I poured some of this over two pork tenders and mixed in a tbl sp of pineapple head. seared and roasted to 135. while it rested I reduced about a cup of it to pour over the sliced meat. it was wonderful!!
3acd6809.jpg
3a29fa89.jpg
served with thin sliced yellow squash, fresh from the garden, chopped garlic and butter. cook till golden and grate some fresh parm over it all.
Very good dinner.

Comments

• Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Wow - looks delisch!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Sweet Julie!! That's how to roll with it!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
  • Mainegg
    Options
    it was kinda funny Molly LOL I was panicking just a little! :( and thought ok!! oil, acid and sweet and herb! there has to be something here!! ha ha :P
    the pineapple sage made it though!! I was not sure how it would reduce and just nuked it in the microwave for a minute to see if it would clear and it did.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    LAWDAMERCEY! You NEVER cease to amaze me!Yummee lookin eats! :)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Julie, That was the perfect thinking!! It really is fixable if it doesn't work. Little of this and, ect...
    Nice job!
    3:30am is hurting right now.. :S
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Mainegg
    Options
    ha ha Hoss you are sweet and evidently easily impressed. But I will make this again for sure. I really want to try some other preserves to see about flavors? Blueberry? marmalade? raspberry? lots of possibilities and always on hand.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I am winding down fast here too LOL :(
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Heck yea!! That is all doable!! I really like changining cooks up. Weather through dressings, spices, inredients or techniques. I dig it.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Looks great Julie! I love fruit with certain meats. There are many great combinations to play with. I always enjoy seeing what you are cooking.

Gator

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    FINALLY!!! The first yellow squash from the garden!!! :laugh: :whistle: Hope Neil enjoyed the first crop!! :ermm: :laugh: Everything looks great Julie, as always! ;)
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Looks great!! Our squash has about burned up down hear. Still getting one or two for like a stir fry.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I fessed up last night LC :( :whistle: I got "the Look" and you ate my squash??
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Awesome looking loins Julie, sometimes the best things come up from little mistakes like this. Great idea making me hungry. ;)
  • chumdog
    chumdog Posts: 39
    Options
    Squash looks incredible!
  • Mainegg
    Options
    we over eat this while they are in the garden LOL that pan was piled about 6 inches deep when they started cooking :( about 10 small squash. the trick is a good cast iron pan and waiting about 40 minutes for it to be done.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Nice "diving catch" on the dressing :)

Might have to take a hooker class just for the eats B)
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    Awesome Dinner