Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Comments

• hizzoner, the Naked Whiz has a gigantic catelog of tables on his website, kind of what you are looking for.
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Your outdoor kitchen looks great. :) With the scorched wood issue, you could trim out more space for the egg, say 1 inch greater radius all around. And I'd do the same for the stove top. This should prevent heat from the cooker doing any future scorching.

Wood makes an an excellent table top, comfortable to use and touch, easy enough to repair and will form a time honored 'patina' with years of use. If you want the wood to look 'as new' all the time it's going to require repeated sanding and repeated finishing. I like the look of aged old wood and all the little dings and worn edges (even small burn marks) that years of use creates. A time honored surface patina is more interesting than spankin new wood in my opinion. I respect your wishes for your cedar wood kitchen to look fresh but in an outdoor cooking environment the look of a wood table is going to change over time. And that's the nature of wood.
  • hizzonerhizzoner Posts: 182
    I'm more concerned about a fire hazard than anything. I shudder to think about what would have happened if I hadn't been standing there watching when the table started smoking and glowing. I may do as you say......remove the Egg, replace the burned pieces and widen the radius