Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Baby Backs

Options
boston_stoker
boston_stoker Posts: 794
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy,

I made these yesterday. It is great to be back in the States for this awesome weekend. I am happy to be back eggin'.

Three racks, one with Arthur Bryant's sauce and rub, one with Gates sauce and rub, and one with homemade sauce and rub (all natural and sugar free).

A big thanks to Car Wash Mike for helping me decide how to make the last rack for my girlfriend's special diet. I also would like to thank Celtic Wolf, EGGARY, and grillmandan for their, many suggestions as well for sugar alternatives.

It was a great day in Boston. I kept hydrated by drinking Blue Moon Honey Moon, Augustinerbräu Helles, and a Coors Light.

Making the rub
IMG_6338.jpg

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back
IMG_6339.jpg

Removing the membrane
IMG_6341.jpg

My girlfriend's ribs with homemade rub and her all natural organic sugar free mustard
IMG_6342.jpg

The good stuff
IMG_6343.jpg

On the grill...
IMG_6345.jpg

Something else that was smoking...Partagas Saloman from Havana B)
IMG00280-20100612-0606.jpg

Sauces ready with an ice cold beverage
IMG_6348.jpg

Bryant's and Gates ribs made using Car Wash Mike's method
IMG_6350.jpg

My girlfriend's made using 3-1-1 method. Middle hour was a bath of apple cider and apple cider vinegar 2:1 ratio, along with a generous coating of honey on the ribs to act as a sugar in the rub that lacked anything sweet. They came out great! Thanks Mike!
IMG_6349.jpg

Comments