Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wlaked into my EGG Dealer and........

Options
banzaitoyota
banzaitoyota Posts: 173
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
He has started to carry KAMADO JOE!!!!!! :blink:

I looked it over, looks like a direct knock off of the BGE, however I do like the larger diameter thermometer face, so I ordered one. They still wont carry wicked lump, so I cross the river to the "other" BGE dealer and get it there..

Did some great 2" thick sirloins on the BGE along with grilled eggplant and fresh bread on the egg of course

Comments

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Time to find a new dealer.

• banzaitoyota
    banzaitoyota Posts: 173
    Options
    PhilsGrill wrote:
    Time to find a new dealer.

we have 2 egg dealers in Aiken, mine is also my pool chemical dealer...

The other, since I didn't buy my egg there (mine was a gift) they don't have the time of day for me..

The dealer in downtown Augusta is VERY good, good stock of eggcessories, multiple lines of charcoal. lots of goodies, just have to justify the additional 1.5 hours to go over there

In the end, I will stock up in Augusta for charcoal and buy eggcessories online.. Real shame, try to provide input to a business that if they stock it you will come; but your please fall on deaf ears.....
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    These Kimodo Joe folks are really TARGETING our egg dealers. :evil:
  • KMagnus
    KMagnus Posts: 114
    Options
    Just waiting to see the announcement for Kimodofest ;)
  • Egghead-Sooner
    Options
    BGE is just going to have to step up its games and really show people why the egg exceeds. Its not surprising that more competitors are entering the market as people learn how awesome ceramic cookers and the egg really is. This forum and the festivals where two of the biggest reasons I got an egg about year ago, course it helped that my dealer here in OKC is an egghead.
  • Petunia
    Petunia Posts: 110
    Options
    This kind of reminds me of some friends we had who were so impressed with our Camry that they went out and bought a [wait for it] Nissan Sentra. They had it less than a year. Just because it looks like a duck and walks like a duck it might not necessarily be a duck. Too much genetic engineering going on. Stick with the real thing. Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery but "ain't nothing like the real thing, Baby".
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I hope more and more companies make kamados, even if they are very close to the egg. The camry example is awesome. Think of how people complained about Honda and Toyotas in the 70s and 80s, and how could anyone compete with GM, Ford or Chrysler. Competition is great for us as consumers, and I think Kamados are the future of charcoal cooking, so there will be a lot of competition coming. Eggs will need to stay on top of their game, and I am confident they will stay competitive.