Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My eggs had a baby

Options
Sundazes
Sundazes Posts: 307
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I always thought the large and medium were up no good when we werent around. Little things like cig butts in the yard. The medium would have weird cravings like spagettios, hot dogs and corn on the cob.
638808089_m4Q7y-M.jpg

So I come home tonight from work and low and behold, a mini appeared. Suspicions confirmed.
Either that or my wife did it again and got it for me for fathers day and my birthday. Either way, I cant wait to break it in......

So any advice using it?

Comments

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :laugh: guess you don't really want any advice on EGG b.c. :whistle: -- just offering professional help :silly:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Congratulations, you are going to have fun with that.

GG
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    You will love the combo those 3 provide!! Congrats and Happy Birthday Dad!!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Check the DFMT and see if the screw needs to be trimmed down or replaced as it will make contact with the cermanic if it is not flush.

Hope that makes sense @ 0345 :ohmy:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • thebbqguru
    thebbqguru Posts: 12
    Options
    Im not sure if it still applies, but I believe that cooking items in the can is a bad idea. I believe a while back the reports were that the plastic liner in the can under heat can separate, and leech into the food....
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Happy eggin to you! ;) Tim
  • Central IL Egger
    Options
    That's awesome, we had a "mini" addition to the family as well. Happy Father's Day!
  • Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    Options
    Thanks guys. I just did some hotdogs on it tonight. Not pic worthy.

Loco - that does make sense and I noticed that it does not sit flush.

We are off to the beach on sat and I think the mini will make the trip.