Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

While we're speaking about cast iron grills...

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,913
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I do all my high temp cooks on my small and would like to have a cast iron grill, but BGE only makes an 18" one for the large. Does anybody have an address of where a 13" grill could be purchased for a small?

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    RRP,
    I've always wanted to see one of these in person with my tape measure in hand. I'm thinking cutting off the outside ears and it would fit.
    Only downside is the price.
    Maybe an e-mail or phone call to Lodge would let us know if the grid can possibly be purchased seperatly.
    Bob

[ul][li]lodge grill[/ul]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,913
    Options
    Painter, good point...I've also wondered what a 18" one looks like if it could be cut down to a 13 diameter. It might take an hour, but cast iron cuts like butter with a sharp hack saw blade. You just wouldn't want to weaken it too much as it would start sagging after the first high heat cook.
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    RRP, I have a Lodge outlet store near me. I will drop by and check out this item with measuring tape in hand....