Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can Corningware be used on indirect?

Options
Illinifan
Illinifan Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are planning on doing some Egging this afternoon and wondering
if Corning ware can be used on the indirect. If so, what would be
the max temp?
Thankls for any help re: this.[p]Tom

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Illinifan,
    No problems...if under 400 degrees..I have baked breads with corning and used them for a drip pan to see what they would do...they do get smoked up pretty bad.
    C~W[p]

• aka mr. Earl
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Are you looking forward to having a new webmaster over in the grey room? [p]Will you be spending more time there helping the new person get set up?
  • Illinifan
    Options
    Char-Woody,Thanks for the info. That really answers all our
    questions.[p]Go Kevin at the Brickyard!!!!!!!![p]Tom

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    aka Mr. Earl , I had heard rumors, but nothing official untill TimM posted his comments. As far as Webmaster, that is totally TimM and his replacements department. My main interest in any ceramic forum is the achievements of the newbies to the arts of ceramic cooks. I do wish Tim well and good fortunes in his ventures. I was invited to that forum by the webmaster there before even I knew who it was. Also by George Samaras. Its been a good 2 or 3 years. We may see some new ideas coming up.[p] You, by the way, are doing very well with your cooking achievments. Congrats.
    C~W[p]

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Illinifan,
    you can use corningware indirect AND direct. ..it all depends on the temps. . ..if you have a piece of corningware that you use on the stove, that is direct heat, and it will handle equivalent direct heat in the egg. . ..i use corningware pieces for things like apple crisps all the time in the egg. . .sometimes i do them direct in the 350 - 400 degree range, with no problem. . .and they do clean up pretty easy with good soapy water. . ..