Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Marinate vs Marinade

Options
Carolina Q
Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MarinADE is the goo you let the meat soak in. MarinATE is the act of letting it soak. You marinate meat in a marinade. It's really quite simple. The HUGE number of times these terms are reversed around here DRIVES ME NUTZ!

I know this post will accomplish nothing, but thanks for letting me vent.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Feel better now??? :blink:
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    LOL. Pete, I'll let you know the next time someone marinades something.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    As long as you brought up confusing combos. Plate Setter VS. Place Setter.
    Plate setter is a pottery item for firing pottery and place setter is ??????
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    You might want to get you a hall monitor sash to drape over your perfect shoulders before you log in from now on.

;)
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    THAT, my friend, deserves it's own thread!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Options
    I think I am just going to marinate on this thread for awile longer.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Why you giving up the job??
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    My website is marinating in marinade. :)
    Mike
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Perfect? Me? Nah. But c'mon, Rod - tell me it doesn't drive you nuts too!

And yeah, I was a hall monitor - about 50 years ago!!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    EXCELLENT, Mike!! :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    That's... ruminate. LOL

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    LOL, coming from "Carolina Q" in Connecticut. B)

Funny, I actually made that mistake last night while IM'ing with someone who is a trained Chef, who was kind enough not to point it out. I caught it and corrected myself. :)
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    Here comes the grammar nazi! :whistle:;)
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Want me to ping ya...LOL..
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    I HAD to use Carolina Q. There's no such thing as Connecticut Q.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    I sometimes do soup too.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    No, just send me an email. Don't tell me you did it though. It'll be a surprise. hahaha

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    Everyone has their pet peeves. Marinate-verb. Marinade-noun. :laugh:
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    Ok, then I am going to ruminade on this thread a little longer
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    At least MARINADE is a WORD! :lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Unknown
    Options
    If you get knocked down and then get up, isn't that even? How can that be plus one?
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Options
    Ya' ever notice how some people think to much and are to easily offended, and get worked up over...well anyway.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Remember when you point a finger at someone you have three pointing back at you. Please let me know what in my response led you to believe I was offended or worked up?
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I vote for penalty flags to. :)

Mike
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    So if I took some manaria and used it to marinate some meat, the meat would be marinating in a marinade and eventually be marinated.

Spring "Marinating In Rum & Coke" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Options
    I like to marinate in my favorite marinade from Scotland!
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    LOL. See? It CAN be done!! :lol:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    I'm marinade'n my meat in marinate.....ohhhh ok, should I marinate my meat in marinade??? :whistle: :silly: :whistle:
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • lakemead
    lakemead Posts: 76
    Options
    1+1 = tweeeeeve
  • Cheyco
    Cheyco Posts: 29
    Options
    A pirate walks into a bar with a ship's wheel on the front of his pants.
    Barkeep: Hey, what's with the steering wheel?

Pirate: Arrgh, drives me nuts!