Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest Help, Please

Options
Mark0525
Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I live about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh and I mentioned to my wife about going to the Pittsburgh Eggfest. What do I need to do to go? I don't want to cook but I want to go and eat the food and meet everyone there. What do I do?

Mark

Comments

• 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Options
    pop the banners down from the Eggfest Central bar across the top of the page. Scroll down find Pittsburg and click and register.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Cook, it's more fun! Everyone comes to you, and you can still walk around and visit. Probably cheaper too.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Mark, I had this conversation with Jake42 (wish he would come back) about a fest. I tell you when you see 25-50 people loading lump with grins on thier faces. You're going to wish you cooked. I am positive you have something in your arsenol that can be quick and easy. You would still have time to eat and mingle.
    At least give it a thought.

Mike
  • Mark0525
    Options
    Oh god no, I have absolutely no right to cook with al you guys in a eggfest. I want to walk around and meet you guys. Maybe next year but I've only been doing this for a few months and I appreciate how you guys cook. So if I register I can walk around?
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I wish you would try. I can give you fool proof recipes.

I have not seen the site, my guess is yes.

Mike
  • Mark0525
    Options
    Mike, You know my post. There are no fool proof recipes for me...lol I'm having fun but maybe next year.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I can give him a recipe, that people will die for. So fricking simple.

Mike
  • Mark0525
    Options
    I may take you up on that. :)
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I really hope you do.

Mike
  • Mark0525
    Options
    I wouldn't know how to setup or what to do. I probably should walk around and see how it all works first.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Mark, I highly recommend that for your first fest, you just go and see, meet people, taste food and enjoy. Pay the admission and just go. You will meet more people, see how other eggheads cook, and get ideas for when you might want to cook at a fest. Just my suggestion, based on going to my first few eggfests and not cooking, and I am glad I didn't cook.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mark - dude!

You should totally do it! Not really my bag but you're obviously into the warm fuzzy BGE stuff so why not?

I don't know about you but I am always at my best when I'm under pressure. You'll have lots of support anyway - I think you should go for it.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    Mark,
    I agree with Florida Grillin Girl. For your first fest just go and enjoy it and see what it's all about. I think one thing you will find out is that there are a LOT of good cooks at these things with great ideas. But, I think you will also find that your own cooking won't be that far off if at all. It's sort of like going to the best steak place in town and spending a ton of money only to realize that you can be just as or almost as good at home on your BGE.
    The other reason I'd just go to it is that a lot of the people you'd probably like to meet will also be cooking. That makes it hard meet them and try their food if you spend all day behind a table cooking. You can also see how they are set up and stocked so your first experience cooking won't be stressful.
    Bill
  • Mark0525
    Options
    Thanks, very good advice. Do I just go and pay there or do you pay ahead of time?
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Mark, sign up, QUICK! They may get sold out.
    Read this page, call them up directly if you have questions.

http://www.hearthandhomepa.com/biggreenegg.htm

Lucky you, they have alot of fests in PA this summer and after you go to one, you will want to go to them ALL.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mark0525
    Options
    Thanks Faith, it sounds like a lot of fun. I just don't know if I can register this far in advance. Having 3 kids and running around with them makes it tough to plan ahead :)
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    As advised make sure you get registered. Most of them have limited space. These things are a blast which is why a lot of the same people go to a a bunch of them.
    The other thing to consider is the after-party. I will tell you that a whole different caliber of food gets cooked there. It's "show off" time and that's where you get to spend the most time visiting.
  • shesmokes
    shesmokes Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi! I organize the Pittsburgh EggFest. We hold it at Hearth & Home in Zelienople, PA ( which is north of Pittsburgh). You can find the registration form along with demo egg forms on the website at www.hearthandhomepa.com. There is a Meet N Greet / golf outing scheduled for Friday July 30. The 'fest will be Saturday July 31. There are a block of rooms reserved at the Hyatt Place - Cranberry Twp ( 7 miles from event location). Any other questions, please let me know! Eggcited to meet you!!
  • Mark0525
    Options
    Thank you, it's only 50 minutes away from me. Does yours book up fast? I'm going to check my calendar and hopefully register soon.
  • shesmokes
    shesmokes Posts: 24
    Options
    Of course we would hate to turn anyone away BUT as mentioned previously when it's full... it's full. WE still have plenty of room. The early registration discounts go until June 1st. Whirl magazine is about to do features on the fest and KDKA-TV is going to do some promoting of it as well. That usually results in a lot of new registrations! Last year was our first fest. We had about 75 guests.
  • Paco
    Paco Posts: 27
    Options
    Mark,

Went last year, planning on going again this year. Definitly a good time. Maybe we'll see ya there
  • Mark0525
    Options
    I will be there. Can't wait to meet some of you guys