Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

busted firebox! help!

Large MargeLarge Marge Posts: 404
edited 2:24AM in EggHead Forum
Lookie lookie... was about to fill it up and sear some steaks - any reason I should not?

IMG_6781.jpg

Comments

• BasscatBasscat Posts: 666
    As long as you can piece it together and it stands up in the Egg, you will be fine. I had one in about 5 pieces a while back, it was a little confusing after a couple beers sometimes, but it worked :P
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    What Basscat said. The warranty only comes in when it is unusable.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Go ahead and use it all you want. Let it blow apart in pieces! It's covered under warranty! Just call your dealer or the mothership Monday and get it replaced.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    I agree, go for it!
    As you prob know, it is a warranty replacement, assuming you bought it new.

Come by more often Joe.
  • JCinNVJCinNV Posts: 141
    Mine looks a lot like that, keep on eggen ;)
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,903
    mine are busted too, and I have their replacements in the garage - in the meantime I just glued my broken ones back together with J-B Weld - that stuff works great!
    IMG_0806.jpg
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Large MargeLarge Marge Posts: 404
    thx all...ribeyes are resting, corn about to go on.
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    No excuses Joe, get back to perfecting that dough :laugh:
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    leave it as is as long as it cn be puzzled back together. i believe fishlessman's in now in 9 pieces, i replace mine at 8 because i compete and was afraid it would fall apart en route.. new one is busted too but i have not removed it,.. i do all my cleaning with the shop vac
  • Large MargeLarge Marge Posts: 404
    Busted firebox or not...this was good tonight! Wife and her mom got a treat

IMG_6782.jpg
  • tach18ktach18k Posts: 1,607
    Mine works just fine like this, no need to worry

firebox.jpg
  • civil eggineercivil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    I recently JB welded mine back together. After a half dozen cooks it broke up again but in different areas...the JB weld cracks held. Looks like I need some more JB weld.
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    keep using!