Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SSN686's Shrimp Burgers were a hit.

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Jay, your ears should have been ringing Saturday night as we started serving your famous Shrimp Burgers at the Texas Eggfest Afterparty.

Heard all kinds of positive comments, including "That's the best sandwich I've ever eaten."

As usual, they went fast, so fast that Judy and I only had one. And you know one isn't enough.

Maggie Mini had the honors and she cooked them right on the money. I did some a little crisper than the others and the extra crunch was a hit.

This image was taken from my video camera and made into a snapshot. It isn't really all that good and certainly does not show what they looked like when done. I hope someone got a better photo.

Video3400012-02.jpg

We will be doing these again, probably real soon.

Thanks. Your "Culinary Hero" status is well deserved.

Spring "Making Eggie Stuff" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I have not fixed them yet but I try to eat at least one every time Jay cooks them at a fest that I am attending. They are delicious... ;)
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Mama's craving seafood. I gotta try these.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I agree with Kim. I missed having one at Waldorf this year, since Jay didn't go. Hmmm... I may have to take a drive to Brandon and beg the master himself to cook me one!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Judy and Leroy were a big hit at the after party.
    Those shrimp burgers were destroyed in seconds...
    Only one as well but I know 5 or 6 more would have hit the spot. They are one of those foods that you could keep eating till you hated your self.
    The mini only holds enough for one person...LOL
    Thanks Judy and Leroy,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    If you are going to do them I'll tell you a short cut. When Jay started making them Heitz had not marketed their new product....it's in the mayo section and it just says Horseradish on the bottle but it is creamy like mayo. It is extremely close to what Jay makes up from scratch. Sometimes it's hard to find the Wasabi in a tube for us. The only thing we did different than Jay's recipe is he gives a choice of cilantro or parsley. We like both so we divided it 50/50.

What time is dinner????
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Which was better the cilantro or parsley? I may try to whip these up tonight. Be here by 7 or I'll have to start without you. Thanks for the shortcut tip.

Mike
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Cilantro is my favorite but it can be overpowering - that's why I put half of the herbs as parsley too...got the best of both worlds.

Sorry, I have to turn you down on dinner - don't feel like rushing today....too tired from the weekend... :S
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I'll be there at 7:00. No you won't! Why not? Because it's 200 frigg'n miles from here! Oh yea! Idiot!

Spring "I Hate Arguing With Me" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Spring, They were soo good, my first time tasting them. You did a perfect cook on those!!
    Thanks Jay for a great recipe! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    They were a BIG hit. I was totally stuffed from earlier in the day, but one nip of it and I scarfed two of them down. Gots to get the recipe !!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Frank from Houma
    Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Options
    They absolutely were - I was packed out and still had one. :)

BTW - Photo Egg did an outstanding job babysitting eggs while they cooled down. When I went back down later to load the eggs he had already put them in their carriers and then helped me to load them.

Thanks Darian

BTW (PS) - Great people at the fest and the after party was the topping on the "pineapple upsidedown" cake.

Eggs may be the main attraction B) but peeps make the fest. :)
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I agree. It's the people (aka BGE Enthusiasts) who make this hobby a great adventure and this adventure a great hobby. It's also nice that we can have fun in the process.

As for Darian (aka photoegg) he's a jewel among many jewels but for us old folk he shines a lot brighter when he performs those very welcome services.

Spring "One Of Dem Old Folk" Chicken
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    They were out-damn-standing!
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Gary,

The recipe is on Jay's website. Scroll down the page, its on the right:

http://mysite.verizon.net/jct1013/id4.html

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Thanks Faith. I had found it after I posted. I've even gone to our local Japanese grocery store and bought Wasabi. Thanks. :)

And thank YOU Jay for posting your recipe.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious