Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Inspiration Sunday brunch!

FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited 5:27PM in EggHead Forum
JL roasted some poblanos the other night which got me craving them. Blistered real well then into a sink of cold water to peel. Worked like a charm, thanks JL, much easier than using a bag. Made a sauce of green bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomato sauce and some Adobo seasoning and very lightly scrambled some eggs.

Poured 1/2 the sauce in the bottom of a baking pan, then put a slice of Queso Fresco in the bottom of the hallowed out poblano, then the eggs, more sauce, a couple of olives and topped it all with cheddar cheese. Baked for 15 minutes at 350. Served with avocado, freshly cooked tortillas and salsa.

This was soooooo good. A definite keeper of a recipe! Next time would add some chopped green pepper to the eggs to spice things up. Of course, we had to have a margarita!

008-19.jpg

001-22.jpg

002-32.jpg

007-23.jpg

009-19.jpg

Comments

• FatMikeFatMike Posts: 464
    Wow great looking cook...I have to try some of those...You got my mouth watering :cheer:
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Thanks. Next time I will bake it on the egg, was experimenting this morning. Actually thinking it might be a good cook for a fest.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,467
    Looks great Ms Fluffy!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    I find a water bath takes some flavorful oils off the peppers. I still use the bag method. Yours sure look good.
    E