Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Use a Cooler to Cook Your Meat Sous-Vide on the Ch

Options

Comments

• SmokinSoCal
    SmokinSoCal Posts: 145
    Options
    My only question in this whole thing is: How do i know when the meat is done???? I cant puncture the bag to check the temp.... Please advise
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,828
    Options
    i liked this comment, guy is a genius

"I never realized there was a name for this cooking style, but I've used it accidentally for years. When ever I make beer, the wort needs to cool. I don't own a wort chiller, so this can take 4-5 hours for a 20 Gallon batch before you can pitch the yeast. So I double bag a corned beef brisket and toss it into my brew pot. When the yeast is ready to go in, I'm usually already eating a fresh ruben. Reply
    See 0 reply Hide 0 reply"
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    Sounds like some old medieval brewing recipes. "Put a chicken in a sack. Beat it till it stops moving. Put the sack into your wort." I'm not making this up. :S

Smokey, thanks for the link. Interesting idea.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,828
    Options
    i used to make stouts, one was called dog droool..... :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    I keep meaning to get back into brewing. It's been years since I made anything. Just haven't had the time.

Now I want a stout (that the dog hasn't drooled on).

-John