Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I attended some'en: A newbe's look at a Fest

Options
2»

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Kerri, you and your other half are truly amazing. I don't think I saw you one time that you didn't have a smile on your face (or that fish bowel for that matter! :laugh: )Its people like your husbon that make the world a better place and can't wait to see you both again. Just next time drag Cooken Biker with ya!
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Steve I thank it was that Kanok that was the key that open the door for me. I hear they are very reviered in the Egg comunity! :laugh: When I meet you you have a lot to live up to based on you fellow country man and his wife I had the honor of helping this week end!
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    As I said in an earler post YOU were the man at the Iron Chief!!The award is yours I was just along for the ride and am truly greatful! For a full 45 seconds after the anouncment I felt like a rock star!! :laugh: Your ideas and coolness under preasure were outstanding. I don't thik I would ever lead a team. Believe it or not I'm pretty excitable and the time limit sort of unhindges me!! :whistle: Randy had your back the whole time. So nice to see that in a couple. You have a doll. She realy made Doreen feel like she was not the only shy one there and it was ok to "hide" i the room from time to time!Thanks and NEXT YEAR!!!
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Firetruck it was for me as well!! This forum gets so addictive that you learn so much about people then realize you have never really meet them and then to actually do that and not be dissapointed is great!! I am so glad to get that chance with you. Hope the drive home wasnt to bad and PLEASE come next year!!
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Randy the pleasure was all mine and Doreens. You and Kim have made us feel welcom on the forum from the start and that is not forgoten. Glad you got to meet Jake just wish he had not left his mark quit like he did!! :laugh: We look forward to cooking in the same tent with you next year. Just seems so far away. Hope your flight back was good and the Gray was ok when you got back. Jake rode shotgun most of the way on my shoulder! ;)
    April10235.jpg
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Tweety you will have to come back to OK to meet us again AND I HOPE YOU DO!! It was great meeting ya'll as well. It really was a great fest and just can't see being anywhere else next year!
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Hey JL,

I had pretty much the same feelin's when I went to Eggtober Fest last year. I'll be heading to Waldorf Fest with the wife 1st of May.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Like you said, I pretty much told you how we feel about you in the email I sent back to you. You and Del were the greatest from the time Ya'll walked in to the last hug good by. Just hate I didn't get to say goodby to Del. Hope they had air bags on that plane home!!LOL You are truly an amazing woman my dear and it is my honor to call you friend. You and Del are welcome at the Smoke Shack anytime. Only problem is the cat in the pen, Andy, comes in at night and ya'll might have to share the guest bed room. He likes checking out the guest!! :laugh: As for JL's sister you should have put a pic of you up there!
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Boss I'm going to email him in a couple days. Had those six 12 hour days in a row before the Fest and now at least 2 after the fest but I'm going to. Hope he is not to ashamed of his Old brother but hay I can still do it can't I?!! B)
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Deane, an incredible fest no doubt, you surely look happy 7 the crowd you shared it with is great...you'll be missed in Austin.
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    What a blas! It sure was an honor to meet the person behind so many creative and tempting cooks. I can never pass up opening your posts to see what some'en youve cooked up. Hope to see you at some future fests.