Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock Chicken and Baked Potato\'s

Options
2Fategghead
2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here I have some potato's baking with evoo and kosher salt.

000_1846.jpg

In this egg I have one lonely yard bird split wide open and DP's Raging River rub.

I have cooked a lot of spatchcock chickens indirect but, this is my first direct way and my first time using my new adjustable rig. As you can see I have the bird high in the dome stabilized at 350°. I have the skin side down now. I'm looking for a nice crisp skin so I may have to set the chicken down low later to get the skin crispy-er.

000_1845.jpg

After an hour I got my thermapen out and checked the chicken. I found the skin very crispy and the dark meat at 196° and the breast meat was 205°. So, I pulled the chicken off and checked the potato's. The potato's were turned once and the thermapen said 205°.

000_1847.jpg

The plate tells it all but, Cindy said best chicken ever! She also said the skin was crispy and the meat was tender and juicy. We did find a fresh chicken and the rub was just right. I could not stop eating the skin. yum yum :P

000_1848.jpg

Comments