Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who'd a thunk?

Options
'Q Bruddah
'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I began my egg day by scooping out all the old lump and sweeping all the old ash out. I put large lump on the bottom and the remnants on top.

I am learning small step by small step. How's it going? As a friend of mine likes to say "steady--by jerks" Note: open the bottom draft to start the egg. Still figuring out MY way to start my egg. I have quickly run through the supply of fire starters that came with my used egg. Paper towel and oil or paper towel and the grease from the can beside the stove or paper towel and a smear of lard. Which put out the most heat? PT and lard.

What did you cook? Well, to be honest I wasn't expecting much. The only thing "ready" to cook was a frozen burger from the big C (costco) The chicken and steak I took out of the freezer is still thawing and waiting for marinade. A frozen burger? I know but it is what I had. After all I am just practicing lighting the egg. The cook wasn't picture worthy. But I was amazed at how the egg produced a juicy and tasty burger from frozen. I remember when I first found the forum three years ago and everybody raved about how the egg put out not just "good food" but perfect all the time food. Yeah right, I thought but so far I must admit the egg has saved the day with everything I have cooked and produced food beyond my capabilities. I have made mistakes that if I had been using the gasser would have been toast, not the kind you eat for breakfast.

I am between paychecks and can't wait to buy a fresh hunk of meat, rub it, baby it and let the egg take over.

Comments