Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crunchy nuggets of joy & happiness

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now available in two varieties :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :

Origin: my wife & I were sitting in the hut on Wednesday evening enjoying some beverages while the egg was cooking our dinner. Usually we munch on chips & salsa or pretzels, but when I asked if we had any, she said no. I said we need some crunchy nuggets of joy & happiness always under these circumstances, then thought I would make some, so this is an idea that was actually named before it was created. I then thought what would really fit that description, & the obvious choice was mini bite-sized walnut rolled red eye maple pork nuggets, followed about 30 seconds later by a tropical selection, coconut rolled pineapple almond ground chicken thigh nuggets. So, here they are:

the stuff for the tropical nuggets:

IMG_4400.jpg

grind up some thighs, and yes, the almonds are ground right on in there:

IMG_4397.jpg

notice the change in color from chicken to nut:

IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

there is an additional whole nut in the center, for elevated crunchositude :huh: :

IMG_4401.jpg

the stuff for the pork nuggets:

IMG_4399.jpg

all done & ready to go to the egg:

IMG_4402.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

finished up & ready for dippage in various sauces:

IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4408.jpg

hope everyone has a great & long weekend
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania