Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maple chicken and carrots

Options
Ms.
Ms. Posts: 145
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's maple time here in Québec, and thus it was time I cooked a maple recipe on the egg. I mean, after four days... that should have come first!

So I tried a chicken. It's the first time I cook a full chicken on a barbecue, let alone an egg. I was afraid, at first, as I saw much smoke coming out of the egg during cooking time (and I wrote another post about it; wonderful how people here are responsive :kiss: ). But everything turned out great!

Here is a picture at mid-time...
I love the way it looks like it says "Hi!" with its little hand...
24807_384952027102_671732102_3639989_776363_n.jpg

And here it is just before I took it out...
Oh, and don't sweat the colour of the carrots: they are black carrots, and are supposed to look that way! ;)
24807_384952032102_671732102_3639990_3161270_n.jpg

Comments

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Applauding! Sweet job.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    You my country-woman are on a roll. That is another great looking cook. Which part of la belle province are you in? Our buddy Maxim is just out of Montreal I think.

Doug
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    You did a great job on that cook!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Ms.
    Options
    I'm on the South shore of Montreal, actually. And I have exchanged a few mails with Maxim when I first started inquiring about the BGE. I think we live in the same area. :)

Unfortunately, I will have to stop my cooking over the week-end, as my fiance is intent of installing the new gasket, and it needs 48 hours to "set in". :(

And then, no steak for a while: only slow cooking, so the glue can "cure" itself, whatever that means. But I will be following the instructions VERY carefully.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Ms. forget the gasket and cook without worry ;)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Ms.
    Options
    Oh, I knew someone would say that! :laugh:

And I would do so, too, but the fiance is very keen of having the egg look like new. Enough already that I have completely blackened the interior (I had a burping problem - there, I admitted it! :blush: )
  • Canadian Eh!
    Options
    Mon mari participe ici...il ne parle pas Francais...Son nom est Canadian Eh! Je m'appelle Gisele...nous demeurons au sud de l'Ontario dans un petit village appelle Port Dover. Nous avons 2 "Oufs"...un grand et un petit. Est-ce que vous demeurez au Quebec? Je suis nee dans un petit village 50 milles de Rouyn,Quebec. Mon pere est un "St-Amand" et ma mere etait une "Lafreniere". Si vous voulez communiquer, ecris-mois. J'aimerais pratiquer mon Francais.

Gisele Burns