Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First brisket

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
mfb.jpg
<p />Well, its done- now I can say i did it. And now I know what to expect.
First, the Kamado extruded lump- expect it to last a looooong time and spread slow.
So slow in fact that most of my wood chips didnt smoke for the whole 10 hours. So it won't be very smokey. The fire however, was steady as they come- no problems there- monitored with my new dual probe redi-check.[p]So now the question is- it came out at aboout 5am.
I wrapped in foil and put in a cooler.
Is it going to still be warm at noonish? or how should I reheat it for serving?[p][p]

Comments

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    WailingAngusBeef,
    Pack some newspaper around it until the cooler is full with brisket and paper. It will still be hot 5 or 6 hours later. MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmm Brisket.

• Bob V
    Bob V Posts: 195
    Options
    It is gonna be GREAT!! It will still be steaming at noon.[p]Bob V
  • Jester
    Jester Posts: 17
    Options
    WailingAngusBeef,
    Man, that looks great! That's another one on my to do list. So many things to do. (mutters to self)...must... focus... patience grasshopper, there is yet time... all things in due time...[p]Regards,
    Jester
    (The novice formerly known as Jeff Nichols)

• Unknown
    Options
    Jester,[p]When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, then you will be ready to cook a brisket.[p]Or you can just wait until they are on sale and buy a couple to practice on. The excuse that you are cooking brisket is a great way to get out of chores, yard work, etc. Hopefully, you have a gullible wife.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WailingAngusBeef,[p]Looks good and should be fine. If you pulled it off the BGE at 195F internal, you should rap in a towel before putting in the cooler. I put a hot foil wrapped brisket in a small Igloo and warped the cooler.
  • Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    Great looking brisket. I don't think you'll have to worry about the wood chips, it doesn't take much smoke for brisket to get that good flavor.

• Jester
    Jester Posts: 17
    Options
    paulH,[p]My dear spousal unit is a lot of things, gullible however, is not one of them. Fortunately, supportive is. Last nite her comment on her portion of my first TRex'd Tbone was "that sure is a lot of meat for one person". Strangely enough, I didn't get to finish her portion, hmmmm. Note to self-buy bigger steaks. [p]As I write this she is picking up salmon for tonite, leg of lamb for tomorrow and has given me instructions to pick up both a brisket and a butt to do on my day off. Whatta gal![p]I think she's convinced, or perhaps the egg has hatched a monster...
    Jester

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    WailingAngusBeef,
    Oh, Baby....You and PaulH are on top of the heap this afternoon! Beautiful! Packer...right?[p]Mike