Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Grandpa Grub DO Chuck Roast for Dinner

LuscombeLuscombe Posts: 34
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's been awhile since I fired up the egg and decided to do a Dutch Oven Chuck Roast.

I have been having problems with getting the lump going as I have been using some alternate lump. Picked up a bag of BGE lump, cleaned out the lg and loaded it. Had a fire going in 10 minutes.

Grandpa Grub shared his recipe so I won't repost here, just the pictures. I started the cook at about 12:30. Plan on eating about 5pm. Can hardly wait. We normally lick the plates when we have this for dinner.
Gary

GrandpaGrubDOChuck001.jpgGrandpaGrubDOChuck009.jpgGrandpaGrubDOChuck013.jpgGrandpaGrubDOChuck017.jpg
·

Comments

• kmelleckerkmellecker Posts: 331
    That looks fantastic!
    ·
  • THAT IS LOOKIN GOOD!
    ·
  • Looks good, makes me want to take my brand new DO out of the box and use it :whistle:
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I just bought my first DO Friday, now I know what my first cook will be :) .

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
    ·
  • LuscombeLuscombe Posts: 34
    I forgot to take pictures before wet ate.
    Pulled the DO at 5:30. Had to add water and more broth during the cook.

Again, we licked the plates when finised. It doesn't get much simpler than this, you can't screw it up and man was it good!

Woohoo!! :woohoo: B) B)
    ·