Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Fast Brisket is done...

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,415
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I last left off with the brisket running indirect at 375° dome with some hickory smoke.
BGEFastBrisket0020.jpg

When the meat hit 150° internal I went to foiling. Back on the egg, I cut the heat down to 300° dome to slow things a bit. My target meat temp was 200° internal.
BGEFastBrisket0023.jpg

After hitting target I blanketed with more foil and rested the whole package in the kitchen oven, heat off, to rest for 1 hour. Then I pulled off the aluminum, threw on some hickory chips and seared the beef one more time.
BGEFastBrisket0024.jpg

With anticipation I sliced....
BGEFastBrisket0025.jpg

:woohoo: I did it!
Juicy, hint of smoke, flavorful, tender brisket! And with DP Raising the Steaks Seasoning this brisket tasted like steak especially around the crust areas.
BGEFastBrisket0028.jpg
Plated with coleslaw, some chips, a pickle and Becks brew to quaff. Outstanding! A big thank you to Vidalia1 for his recipe, "Fast Brisket"! :cheer:

Comments