Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fast Brisket is done...

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I last left off with the brisket running indirect at 375° dome with some hickory smoke.
BGEFastBrisket0020.jpg

When the meat hit 150° internal I went to foiling. Back on the egg, I cut the heat down to 300° dome to slow things a bit. My target meat temp was 200° internal.
BGEFastBrisket0023.jpg

After hitting target I blanketed with more foil and rested the whole package in the kitchen oven, heat off, to rest for 1 hour. Then I pulled off the aluminum, threw on some hickory chips and seared the beef one more time.
BGEFastBrisket0024.jpg

With anticipation I sliced....
BGEFastBrisket0025.jpg

:woohoo: I did it!
Juicy, hint of smoke, flavorful, tender brisket! And with DP Raising the Steaks Seasoning this brisket tasted like steak especially around the crust areas.
BGEFastBrisket0028.jpg
Plated with coleslaw, some chips, a pickle and Becks brew to quaff. Outstanding! A big thank you to Vidalia1 for his recipe, "Fast Brisket"! :cheer:
·

Comments

• Looks great Clay. How long did the whole process take?
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Thanks Frank. Geeez am I stupid... Actually I'm falling asleep, had to delet a ton of 'd's when I dozed off with fingers on the keyboard, he he.

Let's see...just about 5 hours including the one hour rest before the sear to finish.
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,287
    Oh man!! Great crust,red ring, nice texture!! Thanks for sharing Clay. Great pics too.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    There you go Buddy! Just the way I like it!

LR
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Very nice looking cook Clay, thanks for posting.

Do you have the recipe/method or a link?

GG
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    I'll gladly pay you next Tuesday for a brisket sammy today! :woohoo: :whistle:

Look'n dang good Clay!
    ·
  • :) Well done, Clay! Especially like the sear at the end B)
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    that looks incredibly juicy for a brisket.. will have to put fast brisket on the 'to do list"
    ·
  • Bluecrab3Bluecrab3 Posts: 328
    Congratulations. The brisket is a tough one for me...literally; I need to try that method.
    ·
  • BashBash Posts: 1,011
    Clay, that looks really good. Great job!

How long did you cook it total? I'm thinking of trying the hotter method next time, but have no idea how long it will take.

Richard
    ·
  • ViennaJackViennaJack Posts: 357
    That looks GREAT!
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Beautiful brisket Clay. Looks very moist and juicy. Very nice pics and explanation.

I've not done a brisket, always been afraid. I'll have to try Vidalia1's Turbo Brisket.
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    I feel like I can walk into Texas with my head held up high. Finally...the monkey is off my back for this Up North boy who didn't know much about cookin a good brisket until now.
    Thank you. And a special thanks to Vidalia1, a gentleman and a great cook! :)
    ·
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    Perfect! Nice job.
    ·