Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quiche on the Egg!!

Options
Arkansas Eggerback
Arkansas Eggerback Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, I know I have to turn in my man card on this cook.
I wanted to try something different and this is different. It was very good and simple.

IMG_0051.jpg

Tortilla cobbler for dessert.

IMG_0052.jpg

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Odd looking quiche in that bottom picture... sure wish I had some of each though.

Great looking food, both.

GG
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice quiche!! I've done frittatas on the egg and they are great! Tell me about the tort cobbler. Thanks!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Arkansas Eggerback
    Options
    I stole this idea from Village Idiot off this forum, so Kudos to Gary!! It was quick and easy.
    COBBLER, TORTILLA
    Servings: --
    Source: --
    Ingredients
    6-8 Tortillas, flour
    1 cup Sugar
    1 cup Water
    1 can Pie filling, Usually apple
    1 stick Margarine
    1 dash Cinnamon
    Method
    Warm tortillas and put a spoonfull of pie filling in each tortilla and roll it up.
    Melt margarine together with water and sugar. Pour over tortillas, and let set for 40
    minutes.
    Bake at 425 degrees for 30 mins or until it is nice and brown. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Real men eat Quiche my friend, and this one would throw down on that one like nobody's business.
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Great job newbie, looking good. Looks wonderful .

Patti
  • TheGrillisGone
    Options
    I got another one for you to try...it is the bomb!

Go to food network and find Paula Dean hash brown quiche.

I used a fattie for the meat...and should be safe on keeping the man card. lol

Jim
    Snellville, Ga