Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

kitchen bouquet?

Options
Mark0525
Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've never heard of this before. Where can I buy it? Do local grocery stores carry it or is it a special mail order product? Is it something that I shouldn't skip in the recipe?

Comments

• Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Your grocery store should have it, but I think that you don't really need it in this recipe.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    i think its similar to gravey master, pretty sure ive seen it near gravy packets
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    Thanks Cory, I will look and see if they have it when I go for the other things, if not I wont lose sleep over that item....now the ribs that's what I'll lose the sleep over :ermm:
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Mark,
    The grocery stores I go to in Houston carry it. The only use I know of is to darken the food you're putting it in to. In my case, I put it in seafood gumbo to darken it a bit.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Yes fishlessman, it is very similar to Gravy Master and the two are interchangeable. I would never exclude them from a recipe. They add a great rich flavor to meat dishes even though they are made from veggies. They compliment the meat, not competing with it. I have rubbed steaks with them before they hit the grill to add flavor on occasion. YUM! Any supermarket should have them.

Gator

• Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Mark use sparingly its very strong

Ross
  • mukl
    mukl Posts: 66
    Options
    "The" chili I just made called for it...I couldn't find any. "The" chili may still have been the best thing I've made. So I wouldn't lose sleep over not having it.

Of course, I've never had kitchen bouquet, so I can't say "the" chili was missing anything.

Based on Gator's description I'm going to keep looking.