Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newsense?

Options
Deetwood
Deetwood Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How did you cook your baby backs?

Comments

• newsense
    newsense Posts: 32
    Options
    Deetwood,[p]Try GFW's web site http://yyyz.net/bge/default.asp[p]I coated the ribs with mustard and a rub, wrapped them in plastic and let the sit in the fridge overnight.[p]On cookout day, I started the grill at noon, had the temperature stabilized at 250 (indirect cook) by 12:30. Tossed a handful of wet hickory chips on the fire, then put the ribs on the grill (with a drip pan beneath, filled with a cup or so of cider vinegar and apple chunks)[p]The ribs cooked for three hours at 250, then I wrapped them in foil for an hour, still at 250 indirect.[p]After an hour, I took them out of the foil, removed the inverted plate-setter and cooked them direct for one hour at 250. [p]After that, they were ready to eat. Unfortunately, my guests were not ready, so I wrapped them back up in foil and kept them in the warm grill for about another hour.[p]Anyway, the cooking method 3-hours indirect, 1-hour wrapped indirect and 1-hour unwrapped direct has worked like a charm many times.