Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another Snow Thread

BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i know some of you are sick of the snow. and i am sure if snow stayed around here longer than 24 hours i would be sick of it also.. but it has not really snowed here since 1986. then it closed schools for 10 days. but ever since three days tops.. looks like the "blizzard" of 2010 will be disapearing really soon.. the roads snowed over and froze overnight.. well it looks clear out there now. so able to drive 12 hours after it stops snowing is a pretty good track record..

ok well here is my snow pick of 2010
DSC_0007.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·

Comments

• CookerCooker Posts: 25
    Carolina Beach,NC got some snow last night also,sure is
    pretty once every 10 years.
    Capt.Mike Dennis
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    We got 5 or 6 inches last night.49 of the 50 states got snow yesterday.Just got back from checking on things at work and the crews had everything under control.Have a good weekend Terry.
    Larry
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,329
    I heard on the radio that every state except Hawaii has snow on the ground.

Never thought it would happen, but I am officially getting tired of it.

Enjoy it!!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i thought ya'll would get a little more...

i also thought you would have taken some pictres :ohmy:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    the exact reason we moved south. :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    why are you not out in the woods??

figured you would be neck deep in some woods somewhere

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • We don't get it very often in ATL area, and I'm glad of that!!!

Snow_Eggs.jpg

BUT, the kids sure like it and that's a whole bunch of fun to watch.

Snow_Girls.jpg

Snow_Kids.jpg
    ·
    yea if ya'll get it we get it.. since i am only 2 hours up 85 our weather is really similar. so if you don't get snow we usually don't i can only remember once when it snowed here and did not there in the atl...looks like the kids are enjoying themseves..

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • I know Anderson well. I grew up in Clemson just a quick ride down the road from you. Great area!
    ·
    it would be a great area if we did not have so many clemson fans :laugh:

just kidding

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Terry,

Hey, we had it tough in Aiken SC last night. Damn snow got too heavy and blew out a buch of transformers last night. Luckily we have the eggs. Some Evoo drizzled on cauliflower, dusted with DP Raging River. A rack of Lamb chops, dusted with DP Raising the Steaks. Sounds like a commercial for Nature boy. A nice bottle wine, lit every candle we owned and moved up valentines day to Friday. No pictures, I don;t own a camera.

Joe
    Bye the way I do not have a snow shovel, think that YB might send his crew over to Aiken?
    ·
    hell we got it rough here.. wife took her cabin fever to the next level and to make herself feel better she just reorganized the kitchen and the pantry.. so for the next couple weeks everytime i cook it will be more like a treasure hunt :laugh:

not sure if yb will be willing to let his crew go

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Apparently, some folks just can't take the snow anymore.

noose.jpg

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
    that is funny!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    Is that Little Steven at the icefest? :huh: :laugh:
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I figured you would have had more on the ground. We got close to 4", and friends of ours over in Lexington got 7".

Stay safe up there brother.
    ·
    yea the way the storm moved east of us got it worse!!!

we got about 4-5 on the outdoor table and just wet nasty streets they did freeze overnight!! they are wet in places now!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • per accuweather..... 70% of the lower 48 was covered with snow yesterday .. reflects so much sunlight.....
    ·
  • Double post
    ·
  • We're having fun in the snow too!
    018b.jpg
    126.jpg
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,329
    We were talking about a february trip to play in the snow, but I think I have officially had enough. 2-4 more inches expected Monday, and they JUST plowed our neighborhood street today, a week after the first snow. Cold temps expected as far as I can see.

Just tell 'em you heard Nature Boy say "Uncle" :-)

Chris "February made me shiver" Capell
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Those handles can only take so much of that, My Friend. B)

LR
    ·
    hey man long time no speak.. looks like the family is having fun in the snow!!!

hope alls well with you and yours

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    i know i need to be a better handle representative...

i never cover my eggs i guess it is just too much to put the cover on and then taking it off every day

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    we are planning a trip for the first weekend in march.. and i can't wait ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    You are forgiven, My Son. :laugh:
    ·
  • That is to funny.
    Mike
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    We took a few...Will post them later.
    Larry
    ·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Where was that taken?
    ·
  • Yeah I heard the same thing chris. First time ever someone said. Hope you guys can get dug out soon!! Hoss
    ·