Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wines with recipes?

Options
Bob V
Bob V Posts: 195
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
From the looks of the Eggfest, we've got a lot of beer drinkers out there. But my wife and I were wondering last night whether folks would recommend their favorite wine choices to go with the great BGE recipes - we'd not only broaden our cooking but our drinking tastes, too.[p]For example - last night we has a pork loin marinated in raspberry-chipotle (indirect/350 dome/light pecan/removed at 140) washed down with a 2001 Domaine des Tourelles Gigondas. Great pair -[p]Bob V

Comments

• randomegger
    randomegger Posts: 194
    Options
    Bob V,[p]Not really a knowledgeable wine buff but I have taken a liking to Hawks Crest Cabernet - not real expensive ($15 or so) and has good body/flavor. It's kind of become my all purpose wine. I think it's Stags Leap stuff that doesn't quite make the cut...[p]Random
  • Smoked Signals
    Options
    Bob V,
    I'm a wine guy as well. I prefer the bigger bolder reds (Zen's, Merlot, Cab, or Shiraz - mixed is even better) while my wife likes the German Reislings with our BBQ. I'm not into specific years or labels ... I just know what I like. It will be interesting to read this thread. [p]Good topic!
    Thanks,
    Doug

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Bob V,
    Rosemount Shiraz is a very good Aussie Red. We also like a really cheap (oops--that's economical) French red, Louis Jadot for our everyday swill. It's really quite drinkable for under ten bucks, and robust enough to stand up to Q food.
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• dublin
    dublin Posts: 140
    Options
    Gretl,
    Yes i agree with the Louis Jadot..that has been my poison for quite a while now
    dublin