Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Metal Topper

FINLEY40FINLEY40 Posts: 1
edited 11:22AM in EggHead Forum
I just recently became an egg owner and have completed the installation, my issue is the metal topper on the lid, it seems abnormally loose and each time I open the lid it almost falls off, and the setting I had the smoke openings set at completely open up so each time I close the lid I need to reset the opening of the topper which again is adjusting the air flow. Is there anything I can to "tighten" up the metal topper?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to many years of smoking and grilling with my new egg.
·

Comments

• Welcome to the cult. To tighten up the daisy wheel you can put some gasket material inside of it. As for needing to readjust the setting everytime you close the lid, position the daisy wheel so the screw is in the front.
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    You need to be sure that the screw on the top is pointed toward the handle. This should keep the cap from falling off.

The daisy wheel will eventually start to get some grease on it that will keep it from moving. In fact, it will get gunked up to the point that you will want to put it inside the Egg to let it clean, during a burnout.
    ·
  • SheepDogSheepDog Posts: 176
    We are getting ready to purchase a BGE ourselves and was wondering the same question. Thanks for the answers!
    ·