Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Metal Topper

Options
FINLEY40
FINLEY40 Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just recently became an egg owner and have completed the installation, my issue is the metal topper on the lid, it seems abnormally loose and each time I open the lid it almost falls off, and the setting I had the smoke openings set at completely open up so each time I close the lid I need to reset the opening of the topper which again is adjusting the air flow. Is there anything I can to "tighten" up the metal topper?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to many years of smoking and grilling with my new egg.

Comments

• Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    Welcome to the cult. To tighten up the daisy wheel you can put some gasket material inside of it. As for needing to readjust the setting everytime you close the lid, position the daisy wheel so the screw is in the front.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    You need to be sure that the screw on the top is pointed toward the handle. This should keep the cap from falling off.

The daisy wheel will eventually start to get some grease on it that will keep it from moving. In fact, it will get gunked up to the point that you will want to put it inside the Egg to let it clean, during a burnout.
  • SheepDog
    SheepDog Posts: 176
    Options
    We are getting ready to purchase a BGE ourselves and was wondering the same question. Thanks for the answers!