Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How much pulled pork?

wannabebackinTexaswannabebackinTexas Posts: 162
edited 12:04AM in EggHead Forum
I've lost my information. I need to cook pulled pork for about 60 people. How much pork?

Good eggin'
-paul
·

Comments

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    60 divided by two equals 30 pounds.

OK, you can actually get 2.4 servings out of a pound or raw butt. If you consider half the people (30 men) will eat two and half the people(30 polite women)will eat one then you need 90 servings. 90 divided by 2.4 gives you 37.5 pounds. So actually you need 37.5 pounds. Personally, I would go for 40 pounds and just hope you have enough left over to bring home. There is ALWAYS a use for pulled pork.
    ·
  • Thanks guys! This forum is always a great help.

Good eggin'
    -paul
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    I would think that about 4.768 lbs per person would be right. :P

On a serious note I have done 1.5 per person and that has been enough. Some eat more some eat less.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
    ·