Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

I Love My Wife...I'm A Proud Papa Today

BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
edited 8:36PM in EggHead Forum
Went to the home show in Sacramento today. Didn't anticipate to buy another BGE, but they had this medium with the table for sale that I could not resist.

Now the funny part...I really didn't want to buy it, but my lovely wife was pushing me to buy it B) How often does this happen? Anyhoot, now my mini has a big sister, and my large has a little sister.

Now, I want to put my large in the table, but don't know if it will fit. The table is 25 inches across, but will only be able to make a hole 22.5 inches across. How big of a hole is needed for the large and how much of a gap is needed?

Thanks for looking

• I think for the large you need a hole that is 21 inches

I'd recommend double checking this by downloading the naked-wiz table plans
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,935
    Depending on size of hole and the type of hinge, perhaps another stone underneath or feet will raise it to the point that it will fit comfortably.
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    Thanks for the help. Didn't think to check there. Wish me luck!
  • Congratulations on the newest addition to your family. My wife thinks our BGE is the best purchase I've ever made.
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,778
    Seems to me if you put the large in that table, there won't be much of a table left for, umm... tabling.

Nice addition though. Addictive, ain't it? :silly:

Everybody knows there’s three acceptable condiments for a hot dog; there’s mustard, onions and stagnant cart water! That’s IT!   ... Jon Stewart

Central Connecticut 

• :lol: sounds like a great family! congrats B)
  • My table originally built for a large got a small added. Not much table left. solved this by adding a folding side table so the cover still works
  • TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
    Nice! Hope the table works out for the large. Now lets see, only the small and XL missing. :laugh: :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nice going maybe by next year Extra large will come home :woohoo:
  • I'm so happy for you that I'm crying right now.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    Sweet action B)