Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fire went out.

Options
texasfiddlefan
texasfiddlefan Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cleaned my lge. BGE and filled it to the top of the firebox with Royal Oak (usa) lump. I hooked up my Guru and lit the fire. I put the Guru in ramp mode with a grate temp of 225 and a meat temp of 195. I put on a 12 lb. brisket at 6:00 PM. The last time I checked it was 10:00 PM and everything seemed O.K. AT 6:00 AM the next morning I checked it and the Guru fan was running constantly. The grate temp was 110 and the meat temp was 171 and was cooked perfectly. I pulled the meat off wrapped it in foil and put it in a cooler filled with crumpled newspaper. In trying to determine what had happened I discoverd that all of my lump was burned up.

I have done several long cooks, up to 16 hours and have never ran out of lump. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might have caused this? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
texasfiddlefan

Comments