Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Wildcard/ Finger Foods?

BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Loading up the Small tommorow morning headed for a friends place couple hours away to watch the 4 games.

For "handy" eating ideas I have come up with Bacon Wrapped Dates, and wings. Kind of drawing a blank here, but not in mood for Pizza, ABT's, or Ribs.

Any good ideas?

Thanks!

Ron
·

Comments

• what about moink balls
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,914
    Ron,

Stick meat.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • what is a moink ball

Dave M.
    Dave Montgomery at Wheeling West Virgina
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Steve is that the ground lamb thing you do?
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Listen to this man Ron - he cooks the best stick meat - well, he lets Chris cook it for him anyway.
    ·
  • DiDi Posts: 395
    The stick meat sounds good. What about one of the fatties that I see other folks cook?

Try putting a pecan half in your dates before wrapping in bacon.
    ·
    Im already doing bacon on the dates. Gonna pass on the moinks this time, but thanks for responding. :)
    ·
  • CBBQCBBQ Posts: 610
    Bacon wrapped meatballs
    ·
    Ron,

Anything on a bambo skewer.

Pork tenderloin, beef sirloin, chicken, lamb or shrimp. The more the merrier. You can do different marinades for everything. You can have everything marinaded and skewered before you leave and do them throughout the day.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Fatties?? :unsure: :unsure: I guess I have a lot to learn still. Luckily I got to watch part of the DVD this morning so I'm starting to figure it all out. ;) ;) B)
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,354
    How about chicken saltimbocca. There's lots of recipes, but a simply way is to pound out a boneless thigh. Fold over, or roll up a slice of prosciutto and a whole sage or basil leaf, depending on the size of the chicken. Fasten with toothpick.

Salt and pepper. If you want to get a little fancier, dredge in egg wash and bread crumbs.

They can be cooked direct, raised grill with a dome of 350. Goes pretty quick. Turn after 10 minutes or so. When browned all around, top with a bit of provolone, mozz, or even some Parmesan.

Or, a simpler variation. Get thick cut bologna. Shred some onion long ways. Mix with a bit of grated cheese and a dollop of mustard. Roll, and toothpick together. Cook quickly direct. The bologna should char a bit.
    ·
  • PicklePickle Posts: 74
    Rack of Lamb--Lamb Lolly Pops. How you been man? Finally picked up a new Thermapen. Thing is awesome.
    ·
    Fatties. Simplest method, get a roll of pork sausage. Take out of package, and cover with rub. Cook direct, raised grill, dome 300, till 165 internal. Jimmy Deans original work really well.

Or go fancier. Roll out the sausage on a sheet of wax paper. Fill with onions, peppers, cheese, sauce. etc. Re-roll tightly, and coat with rub.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,386
    shrimp lejon is killer too, stuff shrimp with as much horseradish as possibble, wrap with bacon or proscuito and grill. if you google it there are roumalade sauces that go with it but its fine on its own with the proscuitto
    ·
    fishlessman,

On a bamboo skewer :laugh:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • sliders would make good finger food

Mainegg's Pineapplehead Popcorn
    ·
  • That sounds easy enough maybe I could even do it and not mess up too bad :P

Then what, do I just eat it plain or on a sandwhich or something?
    ·
    Damn Pickle! Thats what I like about you man. You always roll big. If not scallops, then lamb kabobs. ;) B)
    ·
  • Hey gdenby what is a raised grill? Is that another piece I have to buy?
    ·
    What can I say. Only live once. Life is too short for crap food.
    ·
    Check out this link. I haven't bought one yet, but I'm planning to get the raised grid/spider set-up and a wigglerod from Thirdeye.

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/ceramicgrillstore/
    ·
    BGE makes a "grill extender," another grill that sits on the lower grill. Or you can make one with some bolts/washers/nuts and a spare grill from another cooker. Or you can just raise the original grate with some fire brick splits on their sides. Or, it you have a Large, get a multier rig, from the ceramic cooker store.
    ·
    Including low fat stuff!!!!
    ·
    Fish, thats exactly the type thing I was looking for! :)
    ·
    Agreed. Like Buffet says "Everyone here is just more than contented to be living and dying in 3/4 time."
    ·
    fishlessman,

If you liked thst you would like this.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=557

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • RicklesssRicklesss Posts: 391
    Nobodies mentioned pig candy...
    ·