Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bama Fans Sound Off: Cook & Beverage?

BamaEGGBamaEGG Posts: 169
edited 3:56PM in EggHead Forum
To all those in the Bama Nation, what are you cooking tonight and what beverage are you washing it down with... Roll Tide Roll

6 Racks of St. Louis Style Spare Ribs smoking in the snow in Huntsville.
Washing it down with "The Original" Coors Banquet Beer.

I guess any Longhorn fans can chime in though I doubt any of them can cook ;-)

RTR!!! Bring on number 13
·

Comments

• bamarobbamarob Posts: 46
    Boston Butt....thinking of throwing some andoulie (sp?) sausage on there for the last hour or so.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Can't cook. Going out to dinner but we'll be back for the game. Good luck to you and may the best team win.
    ·
  • FOR TONIGHT ONLY volman sez Rooooll TIDE. Microwave poping corn. :) :) :)
    ·
  • ROLL TIDE! and SAW EM OFF... Texas fans are still googling "ice recipes"
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    Tough crowd :ohmy:
    This posted by Texhead a few days ago. Still stands.
    Replying to comment re: Texas record in bowl games:

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/alltime

BCS record:
    Texas 3-0
    Alabama 0-2

Hookem :woohoo:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • The Bama Nation should cook flounder tonight, because that's what you gig when the tide is out. It'll be a low tide tonight. :laugh:

HOOK 'EM, HORNS !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Just for tonite...Roll Tide! We have a three course meal planned for tonite... We'll start out with beer, followed by more beer, and for desert...... you guessed it! B)
    ·
  • With Stoops showing up to Alabama's practices it is not surprising to see OU fans showing their lack of loyalty to the Big XII conference. I hope that Saban reminds himself of OU's record against Texas the last 5 years before he takes any advice from Stoops.
    ·
  • Bama ChadBama Chad Posts: 153
    Bevo, of course! Got a brisket going and a game day drink in hand. Roll Tide!
    ·
  • EmarfEmarf Posts: 167
    good choice of beer
    ·
  • Do you know how Bevo got his name? Great story.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    VI, what two great programs to play for the title...good luck to you, but Roll Tide! :

And here's hoping to out first ever win against you guys, although that texas rb did step out of bounds in the '82 cotton bowl! ;)
    ·
  • Go DAWGS!!! Yeah - I'm a dog fan but the SEC is in the champiohship game...so Go Tide!!!
    ·
  • BamaEGGBamaEGG Posts: 169
    Thanks Emarf. Coors Banquet is the best.

Emarf wrote:
    good choice of beer
    ·
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    RTR!! no action on the eggs tonight. wife is making her excellent chili tonight (crock pot since we don't hvae a CI DO yet!). mine will be complemented by one or more Winter Hook ales.

after a 10 mile commute that took over 3 hrs in the snow I am ready to get it on!!
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    Chris,

Bomba is good with that.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Roll Tide.

Sausage & Carmelized Onion Pizza.

Miller High Life.

4 Mark Ingram Touchdowns.
    ·
    The champagne of beers!
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,311
    just working down the aisle to my seat among all these Bama fans.....excuse me, pardon me, sorry, I believe that is my seat........

game on baby........good luck and enjoy!

I just may pop the twist off on this 20 year ole bottle, LOL!

t

boonesfarm.jpg
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I wonder if any of these bama fans will be eating a little crow and washing it down with a tall cool glass of humility tomorrow morning....and tickle pink was always my favorite Boone's Farm varietal.
    ·
    Tom,

I'm not sure Boone's Farm develops any more flavour in the bottle. :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Milk?

If Steve can't get you any bomba you let me know. I think I have a couple jars lying around here somewhere.
    ·
    I received the bottle for a 30th birthday gift. To give the timeline some perspective, I also received a cabbage patch doll and head of cabbage for the same B-day....we lived "large" back then.......

t
    ·
    just to show my appreciation of the bottle, it has been standing "up" all this time......one of the small perks of no cork.......no need sitting horizontal in a temperature controlled cooler for such a fine wine.......
    ·
    Tom,

My first taste of that nectar was about 1969 on a beach in Florida. Met a girl from New York City. Fond memories!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Sounds good Tom. These SEC teams, they cheat worse than the old SWC. :ohmy: :ohmy: :P
    freeman_goliath.jpg

How can Mack Brown lose to Prince??????????????//

Mike
    ·
    Cheating, I'm not sure anybody paid better than the ole SWC Texas teams. That oil money was hard to out bid.........wacky picture there dude......
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Who contains Shipley tonight?

Mike
    ·
  • Seeing that bottle gave me flash backs Tom. :laugh:
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Tacos,in the house!BRRR!A mixture of free beers!!! :woohoo: BL,CL,ML,Mic Ultra.Cleanin out the coolers! :whistle:
    ·