Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Congratulations Team USA

Options
Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Team USA wins in overtime! What a great game!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• Robins
    Robins Posts: 131
    Options
    Unreal! Fantastic hockey !
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Paul,

It is amazing how much heart these kids have.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Lanier Jim
    Options
    Yep - play for the game and not for the money! Ain't nothing like another Gold for the USA!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Jim,

See ya in the Olympic Gold game next month! :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    It was a great game, but grrrrrrr arrgggg.

Doug
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    Does grrrrrrr arrgggg mean the same thing as congrats in Canadian?? :woohoo:
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    was a great game!! ...and the winning goal in overtime was scored by john carlson. ... you know who owns him?!!! the WASHINGTON CAPITOLS!!!! he plays for our minor league team the hershey bears where he is playing awesome in the AHL!!!!. .. only a matter of time before we call him up to play for the caps!!!

btw, i was at the game last night against the HABS. . .. we won 4-2. ...it was pretty funny, everyone kept chanting "USA, USA". .. .(even though we only have 4 or 5 american players on the caps) .... spawn and I kept yelling "Czech republic, Czech republic" and "team russia, team russia", LOL ....

oh, and OV now wears the "C" for the caps!!! ... .as you well know, a big deal in the game of hockey. ...everyone in DC is very happy!!!!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    nah, i'm betting right now olympic gold game will be russia vs. either canada or sweden. .. .those are the three teams to beat. . . as a caps fan, i'm also a team russia fan, they are STACKED!!! ...OV, semin, kovalchuk, federov, dytsuk, nibokov in goal, deep on the blue line, etc, etc. . .they have to be the team to beat. .. .hell, team canada left good blue line scorers like mike green off their team in order to keep traditional D-men on their team just to try to stop the russians and sweedes!! . ..
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Max,

That's funny. I went on the Caps roster a while back and they have more Canucks than the Leafs do. 12 I think?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    If Ryan Miller plays well USA will be ok....I've never been a Tim Thomas fan....hopefully he won't see much playing time.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    That was kind of a bone-headed goal he gave up in the Winter Classic, but he looked sharp otherwise. I hope it all comes out but, like Max says, Russia is just overflowing with talent.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Most everyone's from elsewhere...Jerry Seinfeld pointed out once that when you root for a pro sports team, you're really cheering for laundry.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Brad,

I rarely watched Seinfeld but I remember that bit. The way he delivered the line was hilarious.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• crghc98
    Options
    He gives up way too many boneheaded goals. He played very well last year. I just don't think last year's level is sustainable for him, and never been a huge fan of his style....that being said he has shown some flashes of brilliance, and I may be carrying a bias from years past....
  • crghc98
    Options
    I agree with the statement about the Russians...i don't follow hockey as much as I used to, but when looking at the Olympic roster projections I had a "all those guys are Russian?" moment....Immediately lowered my hope from gold/silver to bronze/just get in a medal game.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    "stacked" is a kind word to describe the russian olympic hockey team. . .they can roll 4 scoring lines deep and their power play will be unbelievable!! just look at this lineup . ...

P.Player NameDomestic Club
    GEvgeni Nabokov (NHL)
    GIlya Bryzgalov (NHL)
    GSemyon Varlamov (NHL)
    DSergei Gonchar (NHL)
    DFedor Tyutin (NHL)
    D Dmitry Kalinin
    Salavat Yulayev (KHL)
    DDenis Grebeshkov (NHL)
    DAnton Volchenkov (NHL)
    DAndrei Markov (NHL)
    D Konstantin Korneyev CSKA Moscow (KHL)
    D Ilya Nikulin Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
    FAlex Ovechkin (NHL)
    FIlya Kovalchuk (NHL)
    FEvgeni Malkin (NHL)
    FMaxim Afinogenov (NHL)
    FAlexander Semin (NHL)
    FPavel Datsyuk (NHL)
    F Alexei Morozov Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
    F Viktor Kozlov Salavat Yulayev (KHL)
    F Alexander Radulov Salavat Yulayev (KHL)
    F Danis Zaripov Ak Bars Kazan (KHL)
    F Sergei Zinoviev Salavat Yulayev (KHL)
    F Sergei Fedorov Metallurg (KHL)

its just a killer line-up. . .even more awesome than the one that one the world title last year!!