Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The BGE forum calendar

Options
Boilermaker Ben
Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
'tis the beginning of a new year. I've now been through a full calendar year as a member, and I think it's pretty apparent that there are definitely topic trends throughout the year. Let's predict 2010, shall we? Please note that this was typed in loving-jest font, not in snide-sarcasm font.

Early January:
New members posting "I just got an egg for Christmas" "Help! How do I work this thing?" "Any good recipes?" "What's an ABT?" and "What accessories do I need?"
Older members posting "Look how cold it is, and I'm cooking outside!"

Later in January: "Help I'm going to cook my first low n' slow for the Super Bowl and I need help."

Early Febuary: "Help, the Super Bowl is tomorrow and I need pulled pork/brisket tips!" and then a mass of Super Bowl party pics.

Mid Feb: Valentines Day dinner pics.

Late Feb: A late freeze induces another mass of cold-weather egging posts.

March: corned beef and March Madness cooks. Lots of smoked cheese and jerky.

April: "Help, I'm going to make (insert roasted beast dish here) for Easter and I need guidance" followed immediately by "Here's what we had at Easter."

May: "Anyone else getting excited for Eggtoberfest?" and the last few smoked cheeeses and beef jerky posts of the spring. Eggfest season begins in earnest. Lots of "I just got my first egg at such-and-such-eggfest, what do I need to know?" from now through October.(I was one of these folks in Sept '08).

June: lots of Eggfest photos from around the country, "It was awesome to meet so-and-so at such-and-such-eggfest." And "Eggtoberfest is only four months away, who is going?"

July: Independence Day cooks, and "gosh it's hot" comments.

August: Southern eggers start asking the Canadian Eggers to send cool air south. A lull in Eggfest activity.

September: Renewed eggfest activity, and the daily Eggtoberfest registration countdown, followed by "Who was first to register?" and "I just registered!" threads. Lots of football party posts (wings, ribs, chili, ABTs)

October: Fests begin to dwindle. Cheese, jerkey and chilis/stews pick up steam, as does baking. Eggtoberfest mania: "Help, I need tickets." "Do they accept walk-ups?" "What do I need to know about cooking at Eggtoberfest?" "Who all is going?" "What are you cooking?" "Man, I wish I could go." (this has been me for the last two years) "I'm packing to go." "I'm on the road/in the plane." "We're here!" "Here's me in the BGE warehouse with all the eggs." "Man, what a party!" "Here's a picture of so-and-so at the fest." "So-and-so cooked an awesome such-and-such." "Man, what an afterparty!" "We're home! It was fun meeting everyone. Can't wait until next year." and "Maybe next year I'll be able to make it."

November: "Ping: Mad Max" and "Who is this Mad Max and what makes him the turkey expert?". Naked Whiz starts the Mad Max countdown. "Help! Thanksgiving is tomorrow, any good turkey recipes?" followed by innumerable photos of cooked turkeys and praise of Mad Max. Dry-aging of meat discussions reach their peak, in preparation for Christmas.

December: "My husband/wife is an egger, what are good accessory gift ideas?" "I just found out my wife/husband is getting me such-and-such for Christmas!" "Thanks so-and-so for the unexpected gift of such-and-such, you're awesome." "Getting ready for Christmas dinner, how do I make such-and-such?" "Merry Christmas to all!" "Here's to a great 2011."

Looks like another fun year on the forum to me! Can't wait! Here's to new members, new recipes and lots of good times.

Comments