Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Roasts - Which is Best?

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had an interesting conversation about beef roasts with the butcher in my local H.E.B. store yesterday. I soon realized that I didn't know a lot about roasts.

Then later in the day I happened on a complementary copy of Cooks Illustrated which we received years ago and kept handy in the, uh uh, 'reading room.' I flipped it open and guess what... there was a full two-page illistrated guide for Beef Roasts. In the following minutes I learned even more about roasts.

I suspect there are some of you who are equally lacking in this knowledge so I am passing the information on. It's worth reading.

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/images/document/howto/ND02_BeefRoasts.pdf

While I'm on the subject, Cooks Illustrated is a first class publication and covers the full spectrum of food related issues. At the time a subscription was $19.95 (44% off the newsstand price). I just might have to go out back and dig up some of the hidden gold and order a prescription. Meanwhile, the article is free to all of you who have a need-to-know about beef roasts.

You're welcome.

Spring "Pots And Pans Will Burn My Hands But My Egg Never Hurts Me" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments