Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ottawa Ontario help

Options
gerrythegreat
gerrythegreat Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife is going shopping at St laurent today and I need some apple chips and some charcoil. She doesnt have much time and wont be alone.

Where is the closest place where she might find all this? I also need a plate setter but that can wait.

thank you

merry xmas.

Comments

• Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Is Capital Appliances & BBQ near you?
    That is where I'd go.
    I think it's in the West end of town.
  • gerrythegreat
    Options
    Hi Tim

thanx for the reply.

I am not in Ottawa and I doubt my wife will want to drive west since St laurent shopping center is eastend of town.

seasons greatings
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Try a Rona out in the East End. They should have some.
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    GerrytheGreat,

There is a BBQ places in the east end that is a BGE dealer. I have never been so I can't tell you what they may have. The coordinates are:

The Fireplace Center & Patio Shop
    1452 Cyrville Rd., Ottawa. Ontario.K1B 3L9
    Tel: (613) 745-1273

It is not far from St. Laurent and you can give them a call ahead of time to check out what they may have.

Rona always sells lump and there is one not far from 417 and Innes Road -- you will find Maple Leaf there. Rona also sells wood chips yet I doubt you will find Apple. I usually pick up apple chips at Canadian Tire or Preston Hardware.

One place you might find chips is an appliance part store on Belfast Road (I was there a while back yet I live in the SW part of town so don't head out that way often) -- Reliable Parts and it is just a bit west from St. Laurent:

820 Belfast Road
    Ottawa, ON K1G 0Z4
    Local Phone: (613) 244-4425
    Toll-Free in English: 1-800-663-6060
    Sans frais en Français: 1-800-361-5512
    Fax: (613) 244-4455

Best of luck,

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Rib Fan
    Rib Fan Posts: 305
    Options
    Gerry there should be some apple orchards up your way. Next year ask for fresh trimmings and they will more than likely be happy to give you all the apple wood you want. Although this probably will vary with the orchard and your people skills :)

Wayne