Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Toy

Options
2»

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That's what I do at work in the stone oven. What temp are you baking at?
    Just spray/ or paint with evoo, as I said.
    Don't be scurred be confidant 'lil one :laugh: :laugh: :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I don't remember!! :blush: I know I didn't use corn meal though. I probably would oil the pan with Crisco or something. It's been years since I did it.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    Options
    Thoughts?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Molly,

I ain't scurred. Never used an airbake pan. It's just that the iron is fairly thick. Guess I gotta take the platesetter out now too. :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    Options
    So are you saying with the ps and the pan it won't fit? Is the za stone thinner so you could use that for the indirct on the grill? Thinking out loud.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Molly,

No it all fits. I'm just wondering about the pan heating up to cook the crust.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    Options
    I think it'll be fine.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Darn,

I'm out of lard. Used it all to make the fries last night :laugh: Molly is giving me a schooling I think.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Molly,

Can you type a little slower..I'm not that smart. Cold pan with platesetter in?
    Thanks Darlin'

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    Options
    I think you want indirect, feet also. Cold pan will just add about 5 mins to the cook. Stabilize at the temp you want. Heck it should be fine. If not...hmmmm, you can...what can you do to me...hmmm... :laugh: :laugh:
    Probably nothing, it's the holidays :) :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Ricklesss
    Options
    We used to use that same 14" Lodge pan for making pizza in the kitchen oven.
    All that has now changed, what with the BGE entering our lives this summer...
    Haven't used that Lodge pan once, indoors for pizza!
    It DID work well, though. (No cornmeal, just wiped with EVOO)
    I know it fits inside a large egg, I tested...but haven't ever used it that way yet.
    Afraid the 600 degrees would remove the seasoning. (I'm sure it would)
    Even just using it that temp for the 6 to 7 minutes would probably ruin it...maybe in the egg, indirect at a lower temp would work.
    It is a great pan, though!
    Eager to see how it works out in the egg...
    RicklessssssssssS
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Ricklesss

Thanks, First pie is on at 500*

Will post

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Thank you Molly.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    Options
    I'm excited for you!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    You'll have a blast cookin' on a CI platter. TJV has some good advise. :laugh:
  • 45 (now 46) responses to a cast iron pan.

hahahaha
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Just hope Beli doesn't get one

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• or alaskanC

hahaha

looks cool anyway.
    try to remember that the handles will be hot
  • cookn biker
    Options
    but it's not about the #'s
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Everybody knows you can't bend cast iron :whistle:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ricklesss
    Options
    Hey thanks for that!
    Next pie I do I'll do on the C.I at 500 too!
    Hope I remember, I'm starting to get my pizza making "system" down!
    I do love all my C.I. though!

RicklessssssssS
  • SubVet
    SubVet Posts: 12
    Options
    Now I need to go find something like this

TODAY