Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Our Turkey

dcdavedcdave Posts: 8
edited 2:43PM in EggHead Forum
We did a 11 lb brined bird semi mad max style. Cooked it at ~325-350 with a little hickory for 3 and a half hours. It was very good...

SAM_0080.jpg

SAM_0081-1.jpg

Comments

• LOOKIN GOOD ! Another MMT Success!
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • Oh baby - like Fred said - looking good!
    ~HOPE~ is wishing something would happen. ~FAITH~ is believing something will happen. ~COURAGE~ is making something happen......
  • The colour is beautiful - bet it tasted great.

Michael
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,174
    Beautiful tan on that bird. I like the way you elevated the turkey from the foil pan with the grid, may be it's the key to alleviate the under-cooked legs problem. What was the breast temp vs. leg temp when you pulled? Also, how/why did the bird end up in the v rack in the second photo? Thanks for sharing.
    canuckland
  • I don't recall the final temperatures but they were a bit over for the breast and thigh. I used the all clad to move the bird into the kitchen and to make the gravy.