Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max Turkey: 2 thermomemters reading 2 temps

Options
jld
jld Posts: 63
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm making Mad Max and with the DigiQ 2, and have the digi thermometer attached to the dome thermometer, and they're reading 250*, while the digiQ thermo is reading 335. I don't think the dome thermo is sticking into the turkey. I'm not too worried about it, as I'm trusting the digiQ, but does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks.

John

Comments

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    When you calibrated your dome thermometer in boiling water, what did it show?
  • jld
    Options
    I haven't done that in a long time as the two are generally really close.

I turned the bird 90 degrees on the grid and I think that improved the airflow. DigiQ dropped a bit and the dome thermo went up and the two are agreeing more. DigiQ has kicked the fan on to bring it back up, so I think (and hope) it's good.
  • jld
    Options
    After stabilizing, the dome thermo is still about 25* lower than the digiQ. Not sure why, but that's how it goes sometimes. Keeping an eye on everything, so I hope it turns out!