Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I think my egg got a little hot!!!

hawkegghawkegg Posts: 97
edited 7:21AM in EggHead Forum
I was cooking wings the other night indirect using the spider with pizza stone and drip pan on it. It melted the pan!! These things can get hot. I didn't think dome was above 450. Although I was trying to speed it up at the end! This is the first time posting pics so hope they show up

IMG_0152-1.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Those are actually ripples in the pan, guess I needed a new one anyway!!!
·

Comments

• Cory430Cory430 Posts: 1,072
    Put some kind of spacer between the stone and pan; should help a bit next time.
    ·
  • :pinch: ouch! That's a gonner fersure :blink:
    What kind of material was it? Did you know that into the fire can be much hotter than 450 F :whistle:

:) Hope you still enjoyed your wings! Any pics of the cook?

Thanks B)
    ·
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Looks about right for 1200 degrees. :woohoo: :blink: How were the wings?
    ·
  • WilbyWilby Posts: 155
    The egg can get very hot over 1000 degrees for sure.
    ·
  • Wings were good. Sorry no pics. It was a al pan from the guys that make the adj rig. Normally I do put spacers but was in a hurry so just wadded extra foil under it.
    ·