Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I think my egg got a little hot!!!

hawkegghawkegg Posts: 97
edited 7:19PM in EggHead Forum
I was cooking wings the other night indirect using the spider with pizza stone and drip pan on it. It melted the pan!! These things can get hot. I didn't think dome was above 450. Although I was trying to speed it up at the end! This is the first time posting pics so hope they show up

IMG_0152-1.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Those are actually ripples in the pan, guess I needed a new one anyway!!!

Comments

• Cory430Cory430 Posts: 1,072
    Put some kind of spacer between the stone and pan; should help a bit next time.
  • :pinch: ouch! That's a gonner fersure :blink:
    What kind of material was it? Did you know that into the fire can be much hotter than 450 F :whistle:

:) Hope you still enjoyed your wings! Any pics of the cook?

Thanks B)
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,015
    Looks about right for 1200 degrees. :woohoo: :blink: How were the wings?
  • WilbyWilby Posts: 155
    The egg can get very hot over 1000 degrees for sure.
  • Wings were good. Sorry no pics. It was a al pan from the guys that make the adj rig. Normally I do put spacers but was in a hurry so just wadded extra foil under it.