Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What can I do with my left over brisket

2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
edited 4:21PM in EggHead Forum
I have my brisket all sliced up and I need to eat some left overs. Are there any suggestions? I also saved the remaining Au Jus sauce. Thanks Tim

000_1092.jpg

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    Hash, omelets, more sandwiches just to name a few..
  • SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
    Throw it in a food processor and pulse it down into a chunky consistency. Add that to a 50/50 mix of BBQ sauce and Beef Broth, simmer or put in a crock pot...amazing hot beef sammiches!
  • SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
    Throw it in a food processor and pulse it down into a chunky consistency. Add that to a 50/50 mix of BBQ sauce and Beef Broth, simmer or put in a crock pot...amazing hot beef sammiches!
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    Fajitas’ with sautéed onions & jalapenos, salsa and avocado.
  • Tim,

Chili.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769
    Steve,

Skip the returns

Pete
  • BigTBigT Posts: 385
    Or mix the jus with bbq sauce and pour it over the brisket in a crockpot. Set near any tv showing football with some sandwich buns.
  • 61chev61chev Posts: 539
    I like it in bushes grillin beans
  • Pete,

OK.

I

Undertsand

Now

Steve

:laugh:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I recycled some not-so-tender brisket into a tomato sauce (crushed tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, a bit of red pepper, red wine, simmered until thick). I cut & pulled the brisket into bite-sized shreds. It made for a chunky ragu, delicious over pappardelle
  • This is a good time of the year for a little 3 cabbage soup with brisket and corn bread
    DSC_0016.jpg

and also one of my favorites is "brisket-in-a-blanket"

DSC_0023.jpg
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Thank you all! I know have something to decide on. I will let you know. Tim
  • DiDi Posts: 395
    The Pioneer Woman has a great recipe posted on her website that uses leftover brisket for Cowboy Nachos. Check out:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/cowboy-nachos/
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Here is a great use for brisket.....Chris Lilly gave up this idea for leftover brisket on the Regis show a couple of years ago. No.... I don't watch that stuff on TV :laugh: but one of my blog readers sent me the recipe which was featured on the Regis website following the show and it is wonderful. I have used Tsunami Spin as the rub on many occasions.

Scallop Burnt Ends
    Chris Lilly

INGREDIENTS

12 Scallops (the big sea scallops)
    12 Slices Beef Brisket fully cooked (preferably from the point of the brisket)

Dry Rub

1/2 TBL Salt
    1/2 TBL Paprika
    1/2 TBL Black Pepper
    1/2 TBL Sugar
    3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
    1/2 tsp Onion Powder
    1/4 tsp Oregano
    1/8 tsp Coriander

DIRECTIONS
    Wrap each scallop with a slice of brisket and secure with a wooden toothpick. (these are wrapped around the scallop leaving the flat faces exposed) Season the exposed scallop lightly with dry rub.

Place wrapped scallops on a medium hot grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.

Prep time: 15-20 minutes
    Cook time: 6-8 minutes
    Serves 6 (2 scallops per serving)
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Thanks I will save this link.

For tonight we simply warmed the brisket in a skillet with some AuJus sauce. We also had fried potato' and some Bush's grillen beans. At the end of our meal I choped up some brisket and put it in the left over beans. :P

We still have plenty of brisket left over to do something with so, I will have a lot of meals out of this one cook! ;)

Thanks everyone for all your ideas. :) Tim

000_1111.jpg
  • We used the point for a great pasta sauce (spaghetti Bolognaise). Sandwiches... etc.

Generally there is not that much leftover.
  • Teach42Teach42 Posts: 218
    I made brisket tacos one night, and used the leftover burnt ends to make brisket gumbo! Used this recipe primarily http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=22264 Absolutely delicious.
  • PoppasamPoppasam Posts: 440
    Ms.Diane makes a fine brisket enchilada casserole. I'll try to have one the next time we cook with you.

Poppasam
  • It is great in Carwash Mikes beans. :)