Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got a stepbrother for the Mini

Options
StoicDude
StoicDude Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Guys,
If this is not appropriate, I will delete it.
I am just happy to have found a large kamado grill, so I am posting it here.
I really love the forum, like going to Eggfests, and would like to contribute with good recipes, etc.
I ve been looking for a BGE on craigslist for the last 2 months, came across 2 in CA and both of them got sold within hours.
This one was a local sale, and I figured I would jump on it.

I would like to post pictures of future cooks on the large, but if that is not appropriate, let me know and I will just limit my posts to the Mini.

I don't plan on posting any other pictures of the large grill, just the food, so I think that should be ok.
I just like cooking :blush:

Here is the stepbrother and the Mini.

DSC04490.jpg

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    You might want to put a paver stone under the Kamado grill....
  • StoicDude
    Options
    Thanks. Will do that. Have the stone left over from my Mini.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I have had a large BGE since '02 and a small since '06 and love this forum. Bought my first kamado in SE Asia in '68. It broke many years ago.

Recently I found an Imperial Kamado at an estate sale for $10 and am in the process of restoring. My lady friend said if I don't restore it, it will make a nice planter by the pool.

IMG_0687.jpg

Have tried on and off for 3 years to register on the kamado forum and they keep saying they will review my application and get back to me, so far it has not happened.

There are several members here that have kamados and primos. Welcome to the "CULT" IMHO you are welcome!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Cool by me, friend.I still have a Weber Ranch Kettle and a WSM and post those cooks.These folks are Eggheads BUT they are COOL Eggheads!They ALL like food! ;)
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    That thing looks fast :laugh:

Post it up man....just don't go to the dark side :ohmy:

Eggs are tougher B)
  • StoicDude
    Options
    Hoss wrote:
    Cool by me, friend.I still have a Weber Ranch Kettle and a WSM and post those cooks.These folks are Eggheads BUT they are COOL Eggheads!They ALL like food! ;)

Thanks guys. I figured you were cool. B)

I just didn't want to get kicked off. I got kicked off a forum for far less. Long story there. :whistle:

I ll do some beef ribs soon and will do some burek, which is a Bosnian/ Turkish dish. ground meat wrapped in phylo dough.