Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Western Canada Thanksgiving

Doug in EggmontonDoug in Eggmonton Posts: 1,998
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In the we eat too much meat out west category, last nights dinner was a 15 lb home cured ham ala Dizzy Pig and a 16 lb turkey Spatchcocked ala Mainegg with oven baked stuffing ala Little Steven.

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

The ham cured for ten days then slow roast indirect at 250 for about 6 hours in the egg and then the last 2 in the oven to 140 internal.

While the ham was cooking we made this stuffing using Little Stevens technique, it worked great but the rice needed to cook a little more before going into the oven doing it this way rather than in the bird I think.

After 6 hours the ham moved to the oven and the turkey went on the egg indirect at 350. The extra six inches of width in the new stove really helped :laugh:

IMG_0333.jpg

While the turkey and ham roasted we made mashed potatoes for the kids and crash hot potatoes for the adults. After the meats were out and resting we warmed up the pre-prepared Brussel Sprouts in garlic and BB Bacon Mornay Sauce and and Nifty Carrots that my brother-in-law brought.

Pumpkin and pumpkin pecan pies for desert, Randi makes a damn fine pie...
IMG_0335.jpg

Then we ate, alot, I have no plated pictures as I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, but here's the leftover turkey and Ham.

IMG_0334.jpg

Doug

Comments