Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - \'PLATE SETTER\' or \'PLACE SETTER\'???

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Call me anal, call me an a**hole, I don't mean to be either..but the accessory shown in this pic...
platesetter.jpg

Is called a plaTe setter...NOT plaCe setter!!
direct from the BGE site...
"Plate Setters
The Plate Setter is used for indirect cooking on the Big Green Egg. It is a ceramic heat shield that functions by providing a barrier between the food and the fire. The design of the Plate Setter (a flat ceramic disc with three "legs") allows sufficient airflow around the surface while preventing the flames and direct heat of the fire from reaching the food. Nothing will contribute greater versatility to your outdoor cooking than adding a Plate Setter to your accessories collection..."

I don't know the origin of the word relative to the BGE, typically a platesetter is a machine which receives a raster image from a raster image processor and in turn, creates a lithographic plate suitable for use on an offset press.

Either way folks, just FYI, it is NOT plaCe setter!! :blink: :blink: ;)

Comments